Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

League One - The Positives

RoadRunnerFan

tLooks like Oldham are safe - so a reunion with Battle of Burnden '97 punkin' instigator John Sheridan is on the cards.

What are the others positives?

You're not allowed to say we might be in with a chance of the odd win cos it's too obvious.

Fire away lads/ladies.

This link will remind you of the BWFC you remember.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-wolves-give-up-the-chase-1284128.html

Edited by RoadRunnerFan

Nowt.

It's shitbdown there

Don't expect it to be cheap.

Do expect loads of Police hassle

Don't wear your Suede adidas, they'll get covered in Piss (a lot more than you're used too!)

Give yourselves a shake , you're going to have to smash some bugger on the face! Or. You'll be smashed in the face.

Welcome back to the old days. Someone tell the Yoof before they're smashed all over!

Nowt.

It's shitbdown there

Don't expect it to be cheap.

Do expect loads of Police hassle

Don't wear your Suede adidas, they'll get covered in Piss (a lot more than you're used too!)

Give yourselves a shake , you're going to have to smash some bugger on the face! Or. You'll be smashed in the face.

Welcome back to the old days. Someone tell the Yoof before they're smashed all over!

This is the sweetness and light thread.

No room for your negative vibes bro. :)

This is the sweetness and light thread.

No room for your negative vibes bro. :)

Apologies, I didn't realise.

It's beautiful in the lower leagues, no-one wants to have a pop at you because you were a big (in their eyes) club. They'll come off the local estates & won't care about your mummy & daddy bought designer labels, they'll laugh at your kerb dancing in bright noticeable coats & paint it with your young & impressionable claret!

Other than that, it's all disco lights, cheap ale, expensive travel to backwater shitholes even your worst job wouldn't take you too!

I loved it as a young man! I don't think Society Loved me for loving it :)

Apologies, I didn't realise.

It's beautiful in the lower leagues, no-one wants to have a pop at you because you were a big (in their eyes) club. They'll come off the local estates & won't care about your mummy & daddy bought designer labels, they'll laugh at your kerb dancing in bright noticeable coats & paint it with your young & impressionable claret!

Other than that, it's all disco lights, cheap ale, expensive travel to backwater shitholes even your worst job wouldn't take you too!

I loved it as a young man! I don't think Society Loved me for loving it :)

That's the spirit chief!

Went out on the pop in Upermill tot'herweek, old Oldham boy unconvinced about Sheridan. Tried to convince him he was a good un' based on the fact he started the 'Battle of Burnden' which must make him reet, plus their results. Looking good for Oldham away next year.

Went to the preseason this year, no wonder we''re in the Shit on the field this year, May be livelier in a league game but I doubt it

I'll be there with you and  plenty others. I'd hazard a guess it might be a good deal 'livlier'.

Pal at work Bradford, know KH from Harwood, one Shaker at work.

Looking forward to it. Bring it on. Started in that league meself early nineties. COYFM.

• Site Supporter

This is a chance out new era of supporter to experience the utter joy of a meteoric rise as we did in the nineties.

Cup runs, underdogs, backs to the wall, seige mentality.

New heroes will emerge

New places to visit

New folklore to be written

Whispers of the rise of Bolton Wanderers to be heard once again.

Oldham, Rochdale, Bury, Sheff United, Scunthorpe, Port Vale, Chesterfield et al, your boys are going to take one hell of a beating*

*(subject to the club getting its fucking act together)

Based down South it looks like;

MK and Charlton coming down with us

3 or 4 of Northampton, Oxford, Bristol Rovers, Plymouth, Pompey, Wimbledon, Wycombe, Exeter, Orient coming up

Swindon, Peterboro, Cov, Southend, Walsall, Gillingham, Millwall staying where they are

Some lovely days out there which will bring back a few memories ......

Never said I wasn't up for it.

I'm just struggling to see positives at the minute

Sure that'll change once the cleft palate mob show up

Wasnt aimed at you tbf. If and its a big if someone can turn this round, we could be in for a good ride

• Site Supporter

Wasnt aimed at you tbf. If and its a big if someone can turn this round, we could be in for a good ride

Hope so, I fucking love it when we win.

A lot of the club's down there will be champing at the bit to give us a bloody nose every week. It would be good to dominate the league then we can take massive crowds everywhere.

As has been said, some of our best away followings were in the lower leagues.

Based down South it looks like;

MK and Charlton coming down with us

3 or 4 of Northampton, Oxford, Bristol Rovers, Plymouth, Pompey, Wimbledon, Wycombe, Exeter, Orient coming up

Swindon, Peterboro, Cov, Southend, Walsall, Gillingham, Millwall staying where they are

Some lovely days out there which will bring back a few memories ......

Don't forget Accy - they have a chance.

Hope so, I fucking love it when we win.

A lot of the club's down there will be champing at the bit to give us a bloody nose every week. It would be good to dominate the league then we can take massive crowds everywhere.

As has been said, some of our best away followings were in the lower leagues.

Was discussing this yesterday. Will be a few hard ons floating about this league for us

• Site Supporter

Was discussing this yesterday. Will be a few hard ons floating about this league for us

I know a few Shrewsbury fans and they have said we'd be the prize scalp on and off the field next season in that league.

Which is why it needs to be a single season visit, because when they no longer give a fuck about us we have truly hit rock bottom

We've still a club to support which is a massive positive for me.

Chance to see us play Cov after never getting chance to see them play each other with my Cov supporting mate who passed away 5yr ago.

Plenty of local aways to go to with me dad.

The football will resemble the roadrunner bids they show in the nsl

It's gonna be mint, can't wait to come out of retirement and get a few aways done stood on the terraces and relive the 80's, early 90's. Deano's rebuilding starts soon, we want that crazy gang mentality on the pitch to whet the appetites off it and make those days enjoyable. Some of us will struggle for tickets for some aways I can see it, every bugger will want em I reckon :)