Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Chairman Speaks

Thorpey

Well if it's in the Ben then it must be true :D

In the last available accounts the total staff was 234

Football players..... 64

Management & Administration....170

Obviously this was for Bolton Wanderers Football & Athletic Company Limited.

I'm guessing the Ben figure must include hotel staff on top of the 170.

I counted over a hundred stewards on Sat, during their show of strength. Overkill.

If they're sacking the hit squad stewards then can I be there when they find out. Start off with the bald bloke filmed assaulting the reading fan. My heart says hold onto the staff. My head says were pretending we're in the prem still and need to get real, unfortunately it probably should have been done couple of years ago.

• Site Supporter

If we had no stewards whatsoever, it would only improve the matchday experience, with absolutely NO negative impact. If anything, less people would be harmed for simply going to watch their club.

So the people who worked for nothing a few months ago are to be dumped, sorry doesnt sit well with me

No one wants to see redundancies but it's inevitable we've lost 8 million parachute payment and through the turnstiles and other reductions in income of 3 million. Wouldn't it of made sense to chuck the money in to get Warnock in to save our skins? Instead we sold the car park, Training ground and offices and didn't invest a few hundred grand from that money to save ourselves from relegation. Now we're 3 million down every season were in league 1.

So the people who worked for nothing a few months ago are to be dumped, sorry doesnt sit well with me

They all got paid....but even if they hadn't should we continue to pay them for ever more.....With money we've not got

• Site Supporter

Apart from having to play games behind closed doors. Obviously.

I'm not suggesting we could get rid of them. Just that they're fucking useless and only tend to incite trouble more than anything else.

They all got paid....but even if they hadn't should we continue to pay them for ever more.....With money we've not got

you know what i meant they had a few months where they worked without pay, maybe your right and to cut costs they have to go still feels shitty

• 3 years later...