Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

When The Music You Liked Started To Be Unfashionable.

leigh white

Was always into the Kinks in the 60s, mates got into tamla motown and I drifted along in the clubs with them, got liking early Bowie/Roxy stuff in the 70s until Punk came along and a good scene with that. New Romantics and Jazz Funk in the early 80s, then became a dad and missed out on all the rave scene. Loved the indie bands in the 90s and trance in the Naughties. Kept up best I could with the currant music scene, but finally chucked the towel in.

'The legendary' Dave Pearce played at uber in poulton a few weeks ago.

About 3 people turned up.

I remember watching him at syndicate with 3,000 others.

My mate questioned why so little people turned out for it as we were stood watching our kids play on the park at the iron horse pub in Thornton the following day. I said look at the state of us here and times that by 3,000 haha

All his old following were sat watching Ant & Dec and in bed for ten.

• Members

When all the Johnny Squaresville's and other assorted morons were clamouring to Abba, Boney M and other similar faecal matter.

We hoped the mould was broken when The Slickers charted with Johnny Too Bad but it took the punk scene to finally blow that God awful era into oblivion.

When all the Johnny Squaresville's and other assorted morons were clamouring to Abba, Boney M and other similar faecal matter.

We hoped the mould was broken when The Slickers charted with Johnny Too Bad but it took the punk scene to finally blow that God awful era into oblivion.

I despised Phoney M, I used to sup my pint quickly if " Brown girl in the ring " came on and leave the pub pronto.

• Moderators

'The legendary' Dave Pearce played at uber in poulton a few weeks ago.

About 3 people turned up.

I remember watching him at syndicate with 3,000 others.

My mate questioned why so little people turned out for it as we were stood watching our kids play on the park at the iron horse pub in Thornton the following day. I said look at the state of us here and times that by 3,000 haha

All his old following were sat watching Ant & Dec and in bed for ten.

I never realised he got so big

occasionally listened to dance anthems back in late 90s but he was always a figure of fun for Mark N Lard (the "actual" "gap tooth gypsy" etc) so presumed he was nowt special - well, no Pete Tong and all that

anyway

I am in charge of spotify in the office and the amount of times I'm called out for playing old stuff by the younger ones is a regular occurence

I was in the queue at supermarket last night and saw Now 93 so had a look at what's what these days and the only one I'd heard of was Justin Bieber

so yeah, it's happened, am musically unfashionable, but it probably happened as early as 1992

occasionally listened to dance anthems back in late 90s but he was always a figure of fun for Mark N Lard (the "actual" "gap tooth gypsy" etc) so presumed he was nowt special - well, no Pete Tong and all that

anyway

I am in charge of spotify in the office and the amount of times I'm called out for playing old stuff by the younger ones is a regular occurence

I was in the queue at supermarket last night and saw Now 93 so had a look at what's what these days and the only one I'd heard of was Justin Bieber

so yeah, it's happened, am musically unfashionable, but it probably happened as early as 1992

Mark n Lard was the end of R 1 for me when they packed in. Took the piss out of Craig David mercilessly.

Aye he was never PVD or Sasha type big. Big enough to fill the main room at syndicate though.

During our pomp in Ibiza back the day he had a trance night at Eden on a Tuesday that went up against extreme euphoria vs tidy at Es parades opposite. There was only winner.

They ended up letting folk in for free at Pearces night and ending up with a bunch of piss pot dickheads throwing beer about to William Orbit.

Was always into the Kinks in the 60s, mates got into tamla motown and I drifted along in the clubs with them, got liking early Bowie/Roxy stuff in the 70s until Punk came along and a good scene with that. New Romantics and Jazz Funk in the early 80s, then became a dad and missed out on all the rave scene. Loved the indie bands in the 90s and trance in the Naughties. Kept up best I could with the currant music scene, but finally chucked the towel in.

The Kinks and Roxy Music are still cool to me.  I like some new music, but not a lot.  I do however keep up to date with house music.  I flick through radio stations in a morn to get a feel of what's out, but that fucker Shaun Paul has got a new one out so it's iPod again for the next 3 months.

The Kinks and Roxy Music are still cool to me.  I like some new music, but not a lot.  I do however keep up to date with house music.  I flick through radio stations in a morn to get a feel of what's out, but that fucker Shaun Paul has got a new one out so it's iPod again for the next 3 months.

That's it, I never want to get stuck in a groove and you move on with your musical tastes, but Iv'e got well bogged down now at the moment.

I despised Phoney M, I used to sup my pint quickly if " Brown girl in the ring " came on and leave the pub pronto.

Introduced to the punk stuff in the early 80s at Highfield youth club after a couple of years of the Bay City Rollers when I was about 10, then moved on to the Romantic scene later and Indie in the 90s.  Got better as it moved on.  No idea what is going on know.

Mum's mate is Liz who was in Boney M from the start as she is as sound as a pound so give her no grief.  Good old bird with a nice dog.

Introduced to the punk stuff in the early 80s at Highfield youth club after a couple of years of the Bay City Rollers when I was about 10, then moved on to the Romantic scene later and Indie in the 90s.  Got better as it moved on.  No idea what is going on know.

Mum's mate is Liz who was in Boney M from the start as she is as sound as a pound so give her no grief.  Good old bird with a nice dog.

No grief whatsoever, I hope Liz doesn't have another shite producer like Frank Farion knocking bilge out for her.

What was the name they used when they were taking the piss out of Judge Jules and doing their 'seemless mix' do the sound of hammer and nails. The non essential selection. Barrister Barry or something? It's been bugging me for ages this.

here's a tape of the big shout outs

https://www.twine.fm/AnDinh/cmtiu0/bbc-radio-1-mark-amp-lark-non-essential-selection