Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

23 Years Ago To The Day....actual Date Tomorrow

miamiwhite

• Moderators

Mates got caught with weed at school and for some cunt ish reason grassed me up as well as some of it was meant to be for me

As a punishment I wasn't allowed to go to Hull

Never forgiven them for it, cunts

You'll all be sorry when happy sends me my mod password and key for the wanderersways vault at his house.

Legend has it, he's got Brixton, Jolly Olly and Patrick Bateman locked down there in little boxes like the ghostbusters trap their ghosts in.

The reason that this game and others around the time ment so much was that we'd been through some pretty shit years leading up to them. You can only appreciate nights like that if you've been through the bad times.

There will be days/nights like that in the future.

It will happen, it's just a question of when.

• Site Supporter

The reason that this game and others around the time ment so much was that we'd been through some pretty shit years leading up to them. You can only appreciate nights like that if you've been through the bad times.

There will be days/nights like that in the future.

It will happen, it's just a question of when.

This is the hope we all cling to.

It's why we all keep going.

Yeh Bournemouth was definitely the Tuesday before. I went to Bournemouth and stayed over, it was a mental piss up due to Brownys late winner, then went to Hull on the Friday in a Tranny van full of "characters"

We stopped off at a hotel near Hull for a few jars, while we were lounging on the grass Bruce Rioch and the players strolled by Bruce came over for a chat

"If we win our last 3 games we stand a chance of going up" he said, "Have a great day lads.....but behave yourselves"

Proper manager,proper team.Happy days.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

• Site Supporter

Me and the future MrsD drove to Bournemouth and back in a car I'd borrowed from my old man's company on the Tuesday then I persuaded wife to drive to Hull on the Friday. Unfortunately it rained all the way over the Penines and I sussed out she didn't like the spray off the wagons so she closed her eyes every time we overtook one. I ended up doing the driving from Hartshead Moor to Hull and then back again so couldn't have more than a couple of pints. Belting days out though. Then the home game against Stoke where both lots of fans cheered the Bolton win because it prevented Port Vale getting the second automatic promotion spot.