Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

16-17 Season

tomski

I don't mind Wilson and danns (reduced deal for one year) staying from senior players.

Davies, pratley, moxey we cant afford, ditto spearing. They need to be moved out on loan or sold.

Wheater would have to agree a 50% wage cut. Doubt he would do that.

Defence could really do with the experience of wheater but it'll have to be on reduced terms. Hopefully Madine will never play for us again. Unless every game next season is shown on sky then add mark davies to that list. I don't mind pratley, hes been a headless chicken but at least he puts it in, on less money though. Danns would be alright on reduced terms. Spearing is going to leave financially. I don't mind Amos but if he's on as much as is rumoured he's got to go as well. Looking at that pretty much everyone can go if they don't play for less, besides Madine who can leave even if he only gets paid in broken biscuits.

They can all go, we can't afford them, there performances aren't consistent enough & we need to change the mentality & culture within the dressing room.

They're not as good as they think they are, Prem to League 1 says it all, clean sweep, get them all out & rebuild around the kids.

Not everyone's cup of tea, but Dobbie does score goals considering the small amount of time he's played. Been decent wherever he's played and might be more than useful in league one.

He can not run, he is a liability we simply can not afford.

We need a midfield that works hard and he is nowhere near good enough.

He can not run, he is a liability we simply can not afford.

We need a midfield that works hard and he is nowhere near good enough.

Agree with you, we need players in the squad that are capable of playing 90 minutes in all 46 games. Edited by Mounts Kipper

I'd keep Wheater if he'll accept about 4K a week.

Are we in a position to re negiotate his contract? Given our lack of ability to put clauses in contracts from relegation from the prem I don't think it will have changed.

I reckon championship clubs would be interested in him. Whether or not he gets the deal is another question

I've been away for the weekend, and got talking to a group of Vale.

They're very much looking forward to both games......

Think the Vine pub now is a home pub. Looking forward to that trip to the arsehole of the potteries next season.

Fuck that.

One of them will boost my away day total by 50% :D

Fair enough...what's your other one...Accrington ?

Fleetwood & Accrington are both new grounds for me but i fear the local derbys could be a bit grim with a good chance of us losing & some of our fans not being able to take it & embarrassing themselves & all of us. On the other hand, i'm quite looking forward to re-visiting the places outside the north west.