Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pre-Season

Elson

Right back on trial did well .Madine was average disappointed with Clayton.

Beevers looks like an accident waiting to happen.

Goalie looked ok

Midfield organised but not much attacking threat.

Woolery did well when he came on.

Moxey had a good game.

We need a decent striker.

Newel will make the grade just needs some mass adding.

Onwards & upwards.

Richardson looks a decent prospect. Don't want to re-sign Wheater really, he looked slow today, even by his standards. Beevers looked particularly decent, some great, timely tackles, bailed some players out of the shit. Can see why some people can see an error in him though. Based on the 3 games I've seen, I'd think Howard will start next Saturday, impressed me today, constantly talking to his defence and commanding his box well. Newell looks like a ball boy that's won a day out.

I thought we looked more attacking when Madine and Davies went off but in a weird way, we looked more likely to conceed I felt. Really can't work out what our best team is. Like others have said, we desperately need a 20 goal a season striker but I can't help but feel they're way out of our budget.

Thought Davies ran the show and looked interested. Taylor did well and we looked more like scoring when he and Woolery came on. Nice to finish the game on top compared to looking knackered at the end last season

Funny how folk have such differing opinions I thought Davies was terrible plays too deep never gets in the thick of things always on the periphery too many backward or square passes. Agree that we looked more threatening after Davies and Madine went off at least Newell and Taylor ran around and tried to make it happen until they came on we had no shots goal after we had 4/5.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

He offers no protection to the back 4, hardly scores and doesn't chip in with a great deal of assists either

I've struggled to see any great deal of benefit that he has brought to the side for 2 or 3 seasons now

At a reported £20k a week he really is stealing a living

agreed. 

he has about two good games a season

and he stikes me as one that really doesnt give a fuck. Gut feel, so could be wrong on that

agreed.

he has about two good games a season

and he stikes me as one that really doesnt give a fuck. Gut feel, so could be wrong on that

I was told yesterday by a fairly reliable source that Mark Davies had offered to take a wage cut to £8000 per week (roughly half of what he's currently being paid) and stay and fight for his place - but this has been turned down and he's been told that he is off as soon as we get a bid for him.

Don't shoot the messenger - just passing on what I was told.

I was told yesterday by a fairly reliable source that Mark Davies had offered to take a wage cut to £8000 per week (roughly half of what he's currently being paid) and stay and fight for his place - but this has been turned down and he's been told that he is off as soon as we get a bid for him.

that makes no sense

• Moderators

and if we don't get a bid for him, he remains on 16k a week

or you could say, nice one, here's your amended 8k a week deal, but you're still off if we get a bid

in fact we've probably got more chance of gettng rid on 8k a week

there might be more to it, but it sounds like an ill thought out rumour

and if we don't get a bid for him, he remains on 16k a week

or you could say, nice one, here's your amended 8k a week deal, but you're still off if we get a bid

in fact we've probably got more chance of gettng rid on 8k a week

there might be more to it, but it sounds like an ill thought out rumour

Maybe - like I said - I'm only passing on what I've been told. Sounds like an odd set up to me too. The only way it might make sense was if the £8,000 was in exchange for a longer contract.

mavies was best player on the pitch yet again.

so many people are willing to slate him at every opportunity.

He could man of the match in the next 20 games and I'd still think he's a shit house.

Whatever he does from now on is too late. The ship

Has sailed. He's part of the dark cloud and losing culture that's cursed the football for the past 7 seasons.

Players get used to losing at any level, it's his and his kinds weak as piss losing mentality that's got in this sorry state playing division 3 football.

He's been part of it from start to finish, and made a shit load of cash along the way.

He can fuck off and hide in someone else's midfield.

Maybe - like I said - I'm only passing on what I've been told. Sounds like an odd set up to me too. The only way it might make sense was if the £8,000 was in exchange for a longer contract.

I'm calling bullshit.

He could have done that at SWFC when he was offered less on a longer deal.

The blokes a cunt who offers nothing.

I'm calling bullshit.

He could have done that at SWFC when he was offered less on a longer deal.

The blokes a cunt who offers nothing.

Maybe he likes it here? Maybe that's why he turned down the move to Shef Wed and why he offered to take a pay cut?

Alternatively - maybe it's a load of bollocks.

He could man of the match in the next 20 games and I'd still think he's a shit house.

Whatever he does from now on is too late. The ship

Has sailed. He's part of the dark cloud and losing culture that's cursed the football for the past 7 seasons.

Players get used to losing at any level, it's his and his kinds weak as piss losing mentality that's got in this sorry state playing division 3 football.

He's been part of it from start to finish, and made a shit load of cash along the way.

He can fuck off and hide in someone else's midfield.

Spot on mate. Admittedly everyone gets a clean slate from me on 3pm Sat. But that lad and some others have had enough out of the club to make me think deep down, we want rid