Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
Smiffs

Election 2019

1 hour ago, Moon boy said:

Can’t understand Nige trashing Boris’s deal and putting doubt in thick racist’s minds, 

Small Remainer parties are forming pacts, Leavers need to make sure every vote count

Who said this election shouldn’t be about Brexit

The Unite To Remain pact amounts to very little. LDs and Greens not standing in those seats PC already holds. The LDs less than 2% may enable PC to regain Ynys Mon. There are a few (very few) seats where Greens may gain, such as Bristol West. The LDs gain up to 2% from the Greens  in a few dozen seats (although there are another dozen where Greens did not stand in 2017).

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It’s quite clear it’s a one issue election, and the Tories gonna miss an open goal. I’ll not be watching parliament with Lib Dem’s, Greens, SNP, Plaid Cymru in control of a telling number of seats. I’ll watch from afar from behind the sofa. 

So you will be watching ? Make your mind up. 😃😎

48 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Headline (mail I think) on breakfast this morning. Farage facing severe issues within his own party; a backlash against his stance.

No way at all should Boris get into bed with him, unless Farage changes his stance and reduces his demands.

Boris has trust issues amongst the population: if he was to abandon his hard earned deal now, any remaining credibility would go out of the window and I'm sure his vote would be reduced. Cabinet upheaval too.

Do you think having Farage on board would make Boris and his side more trusted ? 

The SNP and their Irish and Welsh counterparts want independence and to stay in EU. Is that not a contradiction ? 

Stage management is a wonderful thing

FB_IMG_1573299021941.jpg

FB_IMG_1573299025130.jpg

Edited by kent_white

5 minutes ago, kent_white said:

FB_IMG_1573299021941.jpg

FB_IMG_1573299025130.jpg

It is what it is.

Get over yourself.

33 minutes ago, Ani said:

Do you think having Farage on board would make Boris and his side more trusted ? 

No. That's why I think it would be a mistake, plenty don't want a no deal leave, and could feel disenfranchised.

If Farage reduced his demands and accepted "the deal" then an agreement might make some sense to counter the remain alliance.

At the same time though, that might lose the up some of its more extreme votes.

It makes more sense to consider agreements after the election if necessary.

Just now, Spider said:

It is what it is.

Get over yourself.

Not the first time. Happens all the time. In each election. 

No body is going to publish a photo of their man with just a handful of people scattered about.

Really is what it is, a politician with some hangers on, who have nowt better to do.

28 minutes ago, Spider said:

It is what it is.

Get over yourself.

Thanks Spider - I'll try

51 minutes ago, kent_white said:

FB_IMG_1573299021941.jpg

FB_IMG_1573299025130.jpg

Like it matters. 🙄

2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Like it matters. 🙄

Fucks sake - I'm not frothing at the mouth about it. Just thought it was interesting to see how it was portrayed against what was going on in reality. 

11 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Fucks sake - I'm not frothing at the mouth about it. Just thought it was interesting to see how it was portrayed against what was going on in reality. 

IT

IS

WHAT

IT

IS

Keep up FFS

1 hour ago, Ani said:

The SNP and their Irish and Welsh counterparts want independence and to stay in EU. Is that not a contradiction ? 

Very much so. The irony in what jimmy krankie trots out Repeatedly is unbelievable. 

whilst I love living here i sort of wish We leave the EU they get independence and then they realise how insignificant an entity they would be in the EU without being part of the UK. She would then get the legacy and notoriety she so craves and for all the wrong reasons 

17 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Fake news

1 hour ago, Ani said:

Not really, no.

However the Scots have a devolved Government already and get more spending per head than us in England. They already have their cake and eat it yet the SNP want more and more.

45 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Like folk don’t know this goes on. 🙄

Edited by Mounts Kipper

14 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Like folk don’t know this goes on. 🙄

Who are you, who are so wise in the ways of science?

Edited by kent_white

i dont get how you can have a vote where the whole country is counted as one place and the winner needs one vote more than the loser, but then all the Ward MPs vote on it. 

4 minutes ago, e2e4 said:

i dont get how you can have a vote where the whole country is counted as one place and the winner needs one vote more than the loser, but then all the Ward MPs vote on it. 

Gina miller had a bit to do with that.

In itself, not necessarily too bad. But led to a lot of the issues.

I'm wondering when labour (if they won the election) would have the meaningful vote. 

Presumably there would have to be one, even if there is another referendum, as parliament would need to have its say?

1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

Very much so. The irony in what jimmy krankie trots out Repeatedly is unbelievable. 

whilst I love living here i sort of wish We leave the EU they get independence and then they realise how insignificant an entity they would be in the EU without being part of the UK. She would then get the legacy and notoriety she so craves and for all the wrong reasons 

Possibly is, but surley the “ better off together as part of a union” response to their independence wish  is also ironic ? Can’t just hit one side with that stick in my opinion.

most ironic thing is that the conservative and unionist party and brexiteers in general are sounding more like Irish republicans from the early part of the last century with their statements and voting for them could start the process of a Re unified Ireland and independent Scotland. 

“ free from the shackles of this empire and go it alone in the world” and more strikingly, “ we have this deal, it’s not perfect but it’s a start we can build on “ 

think it was Traf here who first posed the “ horse shoe “ theory on opinions ,very apt.

irony is in plentiful supply both sides.

18 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Gina miller had a bit to do with that.

In itself, not necessarily too bad. But led to a lot of the issues.

I'm wondering when labour (if they won the election) would have the meaningful vote. 

Presumably there would have to be one, even if there is another referendum, as parliament would need to have its say?

Gina Miller, who claims it was about upholding law, or similar, now setting up a website for tactical voting.

5 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It’s quite clear it’s a one issue election, and the Tories gonna miss an open goal. I’ll not be watching parliament with Lib Dem’s, Greens, SNP, Plaid Cymru in control of a telling number of seats. I’ll watch from afar from behind the sofa. 

Current polls indicate a 92 seat majority for the evil, austerity, Tories

8 minutes ago, fatolive said:

Possibly is, but surley the “ better off together as part of a union” response to their independence wish  is also ironic ? Can’t just hit one side with that stick in my opinion.

most ironic thing is that the conservative and unionist party and brexiteers in general are sounding more like Irish republicans from the early part of the last century with their statements and voting for them could start the process of a Re unified Ireland and independent Scotland. 

“ free from the shackles of this empire and go it alone in the world” and more strikingly, “ we have this deal, it’s not perfect but it’s a start we can build on “ 

think it was Traf here who first posed the “ horse shoe “ theory on opinions ,very apt.

irony is in plentiful supply both sides.

Agree.

More economic and social/cultural similarities between UK nations than some in the EU, which justify a union, but, if you accept referendums, you have to be prepared to accept the result. Either way.

How much would a hard border be across the top of the Pennines?

26 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

No need to wonder, they've already said it would be in 6 months.