Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
Smiffs

Election 2019

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Some daft bastards still believe in paternalism. 

We've returned to a system of serfdom. A nation of people brainwashed into thinking that if they doff their caps with enough enthusiasm, their master will throw them a few coins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, leigh white said:

Brainwashed working class. Five more years of being shat on and rights being removed. Tories will blame Corbyn for taking us back to the 70s, this lot will take us back to the 1930s.

The brainwashed working class that occasionally brought about a Labour Government?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some bitter folk on here. Seems anyone who is against labour and for conservative is either brainwashed or thick as pig shit. I’m sure everyone has their own personal reasons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

Some .... ........ still believe in socialism.

I think you misunderstand real socialism. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mickbrown said:

I think you misunderstand real socialism. 

Hae we seen it yet?

 

In Venezuela; for example?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

The brainwashed working class that occasionally brought about a Labour Government?

I can't be bothered about looking through the Czech economy over the last 30 years, but how does that country tick over with all the changes ?

4 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Cheese said:

We've returned to a system of serfdom. A nation of people brainwashed into thinking that if they doff their caps with enough enthusiasm, their master will throw them a few coins.

What’s the tipple of choice this evening tough guy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

I think you misunderstand real socialism. 

What is ‘real’ socialism? Stalin, Trotsky, Lenin, Blair or Corbyn’s version of socialism. In fact it’s bandied about so much, I doubt anyone really knows what it means.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Hae we seen it yet?

In Venezuela; for example?

Every single public service in the country is an example of socialism. The NHS, the emergency services, libraries, schools, roads etc. Why anyone truely believes "socialism" is a bad idea is beyond me. I suspect a lot of people  continue to conflate the word "socialism" with the word "communism", which are 2 entirely different things.

Edited by Cheese

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Many working class labour voters can’t stand Corbyn and what he stands for so it’s no surprise. 

Agreed, he's a proper dick. I dare not think how bad things would be if he ever got the top job

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Every single public service in the country is an example of socialism. The NHS, the emergency services, libraries, schools, roads etc. Why anyone truely believes "socialism" is a bad idea is beyond me. I suspect a lot of people  continue to conflate the word "socialism" with the word "communism", which are 2 entirely different things.

Your funniest post to date

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, boltondiver said:

Your funniest post to date

Care to explain?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Agreed, he's a proper dick. I dare not think how bad things would be if he ever got the top job

Thatcher got the top job, it ended up me and a few million others being just the stroke of a pen to being cast aside, came back well and made a good go of it on the black economy.:D

Edited by leigh white

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, leigh white said:

Thatcher got the top job, it ended up me and a few million others being just the stroke of a pen to being cast aside, came back well and made a good go of it on the black economy.:D

Not the Thatcher stole our Milk/Pits/Livelihood sketch again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

Not the Thatcher stole our Milk/Pits/Livelihood sketch again

I'd totally forgotten about that.:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

What is ‘real’ socialism? Stalin, Trotsky, Lenin, Blair or Corbyn’s version of socialism. In fact it’s bandied about so much, I doubt anyone really knows what it means.

I’d be more inclined towards Blair’s version than Stalin’s if I’m honest😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, leigh white said:

I can't be bothered about looking through the Czech economy over the last 30 years, but how does that country tick over with all the changes ?

 

Very well.
Since the fall of the totalitarian communist regime, they have gone through significant cultural and economic change. To keep it brief, very low unemployment, rising income, higher than the average growth rate in the EU. They kept their own currency and (as a net beneficiary of the EU) are happy to take the money but would quite happily stick 2 fingers up if the money ever stopped.

Very much pro west but very nationalistic. That comes from their history of being occupied/controlled by both the Nazis and the communists. 
The Czechs are very politically savvy without the divisive attitude that prevails here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mickbrown said:

I’d be more inclined towards Blair’s version than Stalin’s if I’m honest😀

Middle of the road is where I’m at as well to be honest. The trouble is, I’m not sure what the middle is anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

Very well.
Since the fall of the totalitarian communist regime, they have gone through significant cultural and economic change. To keep it brief, very low unemployment, rising income, higher than the average growth rate in the EU. They kept their own currency and (as a net beneficiary of the EU) are happy to take the money but would quite happily stick 2 fingers up if the money ever stopped.

Very much pro west but very nationalistic. That comes from their history of being occupied/controlled by both the Nazis and the communists. 
The Czechs are very politically savvy without the divisive attitude that prevails here.

Thank's for the summery, never been to the CR, but been over to Slovakia and found the place mint, nice people and a great city of Bratislava.

Edited by leigh white

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

Middle of the road is where I’m at as well to be honest. The trouble is, I’m not sure what the middle is anymore.

Aye, seems everything is at the extremes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

I’d be more inclined towards Blair’s version than Stalin’s if I’m honest😀

Be nice if they could find a leader that could do it without unnecessarily killing loads of folk. 

 

WOMD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, leigh white said:

Thank's for the summery, never been to the CR, but been over to Slovakia and found the place mint, nice people and a great city of Bratislava.

Caught a train from Olomouc (CR) to Bratislava and left our passports back in the hotel. Got thrown off at the border and put in a detention room with some gypsies until the next train back to Olomouc. No problem really. Our fault but it shows that the borders are still there, despite the EU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Boby Brno said:

Caught a train from Olomouc (CR) to Bratislava and left our passports back in the hotel. Got thrown off at the border and put in a detention room with some gypsies until the next train back to Olomouc. No problem really. Our fault but it shows that the borders are still there, despite the EU.

That's odd. I thought being in the EU meant you weren't allowed to control your borders?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been to Brno. Spent a week at that Lake. Was lovely. And dirt cheap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.