Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
Smiffs

Politics - Not Interested, Dont Look

11 minutes ago, Ani said:

As mentioned on the in out thread a small poll from a paper he works for. 

Boris has admitted taking coke in the past. But the media is destroying Gove for the same. 

Boris sacked from 2 jobs for dishonesty. Multiple affairs. 

The fact he is a bumbling fool on have I got news for you and went to the right school combined with his friends in the media mean he might get elected. What a sad state of affairs. 

But, does that explain why he’ll get the majority of Conservative member votes?

2 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

But, does that explain why he’ll get the majority of Conservative member votes?

No it is a fair point. 

The fact if are you dumb enough to be a member of any political party might explain though. 😁

Apparently grass roots Labour members love Corbyn. So they are all idiots. 😁

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The EU are not in such a strong position to not consider amending the agreement in order to get a deal agreed, it is one which they also need, that’s if any PM can control parliament and more importantly their own MPs. My view as consistently stated is that there is more movement available from the EU if we have the political will. 

You said all this prior to 29th March and there was no deal ratified by Parliament then and there is nothing to suggest that the EU is going to change its position. Let's see what happens. If Boris wins and can't deliver on his promise to leave on 31st October do you think he should resign? 

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

You said all this prior to 29th March and there was no deal ratified by Parliament then and there is nothing to suggest that the EU is going to change its position. Let's see what happens. If Boris wins and can't deliver on his promise to leave on 31st October do you think he should resign? 

Boris, or whoever gets in, will be asking for an extension - they won't say it now, but it'll happen, as none of them will be prepared to go WTO, so an extension will be needed. The EU have said they won't grant us one......but they will, as it's just as much in their interests that we don't leave and go WTO

Edited by Sweep

1 minute ago, Sweep said:

Boris, or whoever gets in, will be asking for an extension - they won't say it now, but it'll happen, as none of them will be prepared to go WTO, so an extension will be needed. The EU have said they won't grant us one......but they will, as it's juts as much in their interests that we don't leave and go WTO

And sadly we jump on the merry-go-round again

5 hours ago, boltondiver said:

Interesting point

Corbyn is insistent on getting his GE.

But, would they really win?

And, if they think they might not, will they enable an early election?

If they put party interest before national interest they will let the Cons stew in their Brexit juice until the next election falls due, but with an option to force the issue earlier if they see fit. Since JC himself wants to leave what does he gain by forcing an election before we have left?

2 hours ago, Sweep said:

Boris, or whoever gets in, will be asking for an extension - they won't say it now, but it'll happen, as none of them will be prepared to go WTO, so an extension will be needed. The EU have said they won't grant us one......but they will, as it's just as much in their interests that we don't leave and go WTO

But Macron persuaded the EU to set the date of 31st October - not a date UK had suggested. It is the date when Juncker/Tusk et al hand over to their successors and that will be the focus of EU at that point. End of September would have been a better date for UK. 

2 hours ago, Salford Trotter said:

When you have a large group of MPs working against the public vote and actively trying to remain you are not going to get the best deal, I’m up for fighting these people using whatever tools at our disposal to force the EU to give us a better deal it’s a shame that some folk are fighting tooth and nail to get us the worst deal possible. 

54 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

If they put party interest before national interest they will let the Cons stew in their Brexit juice until the next election falls due, but with an option to force the issue earlier if they see fit. Since JC himself wants to leave what does he gain by forcing an election before we have left?

JC won’t gain anything from forcing an election because he’s no chance of being PM, half of the Labour Party don’t want him as Leader or PM, if this Government goes the full distance JC will have been disposed of well before then

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Salford Trotter said:

The EU was never going cave in to the UK demands and May, Davis, Raab et al realised that early on, it's called realism

Demands?

Did you listen properly when Davis and Raab were questioned over their resignations?

She went in as a remainer, didn't heed the advice she was given and lost the first for doing so and the second for changes to documents that he wasn't party to nor agreed with.

Balls all to do "realism" of dealing with the EU.

She made it piss easy for the EU, but in fairness came up with a plan. Having shafted virtually everyone who believed in a proper brexit along the way.

Wish she had made some demands. We wouldn't be in the mess we are in now.

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

6 hours ago, Salford Trotter said:

The EU was never going cave in to the UK demands and May, Davis, Raab et al realised that early on, it's called realism

You’re not running for the Prime Minister’s job are you mate ?

23 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

You’re not running for the Prime Minister’s job are you mate ?

I'm sure i'd do a better job than Boris but that wouldn't be too hard😂

7 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Give him a chance already!

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

You’d bend over, drop your trousers and say how far Michel. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

28 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

I just presumed with all the crap you’re spouting Pete, that you must be on drugs too :D

33 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

I just presumed with all the crap you’re spouting Pete, that you must be on drugs too :D

Not crap mate but just keeping you all honest😜

29 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Not crap mate but just keeping you all honest😜

Stop it Pete....I’ve just pissed my pants :D

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

It's looking like he'll have to.

Not over yet, but that's quite some gap.

Boris v Hunt

hope it makes the Membership vote

Not sure Hunt will get enough leavers onside. Doesn't sound strong enough over brexit.

Whether there's enough remainers willing to get together and plump for another brexiteer rather than Boris, if they really can't stomach him.

Guess we'll see.

Quite like Sajid when he speaks. His comments about leaving with no deal weren't unreasonable, suggesting a short period of difficulty which may need government assistance.

At least someone is talking about what to do in such an event and not just screeching and waving his arms. Needs more meat on the bones but it was a start.

160,000 owd dodders to choose the next PM. 

We live in a strange country boys and girls. 

36 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

160,000 owd dodders to choose the next PM. 

We live in a strange country boys and girls. 

Who chose Gordon Brown?

6 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

Who chose Gordon Brown?

Indeed.

Looking at it objectively, it's the right thing to do.

Otherwise we could have numerous elections which may be counterproductive. At election times, folk are voting for a party, or an MP, or possibly the leader, but not just the leader.