Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Stone Roses

glossopWANDERER

If people are being asked to pay £65 for a concert ticket most are going to expect the singer to be of high standard

Your serious musoes have Bob Dylan doing away with singers having to be pitch perfect, smartly dressed, good looking etc back in the early 60's.

Times they are a changing.

Went on friday and enjoyed it although not as much as Heaton Park. Thought the sound was poor for the 1st half after being spot on for Coral and Public Enemy. Thinks seemed to improve as it got darker. Could've just been me. Fella on the walk up made me laugh trying to sell glittery purple trilbies. An any hat will do approach.

I just can't bring myself to go.

There is an element of 'never go back' but deep down I reckon I'm a musical snob and I'd spend all the gig looking down at folk who weren't even born first time round, or if they were you just know they were listening to Phil Collins and Dire fucking Straits back in 1989.

• Site Supporter

There is an element of 'never go back' but deep down I reckon I'm a musical snob and I'd spend all the gig looking down at folk who weren't even born first time round, or if they were you just know they were listening to Phil Collins and Dire fucking Straits back in 1989.

My mate took his 16 year old, it was a joy to see music we grew up with having the same impact on the next lot.

Proves our point that most modern music is cow shit and we were right all along.

Embrace it.

For those that have been what was the approx timings for things?

Roses are/were 9pm

Courteeners are 6:35pm tonight

Yesterday was ace apart from the aforementioned bar queues which were ridiculous

Had a great bounce around, saw some nobheads nit most folk were just really happy

Looking forward to the return leg later

Watched Heaton and Abbot on the flat who were very good.

Public Enemy not my bag.

Went to the top of the first tier for Roses. Watching the crowd bounce to made of stone was my highlight.

Looking forward to tonight to see if Teeners can put on a show.

Dont worry upper tier has sold out. You needn't worry:)

My mate took his 16 year old, it was a joy to see music we grew up with having the same impact on the next lot.

Proves our point that most modern music is cow shit and we were right all along.

Embrace it.

See I think opinions like that come from people that can't let go of madchester etc. I like the music like a lot of others but to say everything else is a bit poo smacks of someone who can't let go.

• Site Supporter

See I think opinions like that come from people that can't let go of madchester etc. I like the music like a lot of others but to say everything else is a bit poo smacks of someone who can't let go.

You're right.

Sorry.

• Site Supporter

Thought they were great last night

Public Enemy were brilliant. How good was there DJ?

Liam Gallagher was sat in the box behind us the big knob

How big? Was he tapping you on the top of the head with it?

my £26 tickets turned out to be literally to the side of the stage :glare:

but they upgraded us to the pitch and gave us some wristbands that I probably should've explored more :thumbsup:

the actual roses performance was a little off in parts, but that's not the point... my 15 year old loved, and I introduced her to Mary Ds

Squire looked the bollocks