Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

England V Slovakia

Matt Lofthouse

• Moderators

Ali is a very good player, he can stay for me. Kane can't play up top on his todd. We are blessed with good forwards at the moment so not to play two is daft.

time will tell and it may be the best chance but i reckon we'd never touch the ball against a good team

Disagree mate

With a midfield of Wilshere, Rooney, Dier and Lallana we'd be almost playing 4-2-4 with Wilshere and Lallana scaring the shit out of teams behind Vardy and Sturridge with 4 players of pace and skill

Rooney for me has been our player of the tournament so far (OK only 2 games) but he's playing the old Stevie G role box-to-box but fucking runs and hassles and tackles and gets stuck in and gets the ball. Play him just in front of Dier who's doing a great job of picking the ball off in front of the back 4 and teams that are sitting back with one up front will end up sitting even further back

We always make the mistake of doing what all the other teams do but never quite as good so fuck it, go all out attack with pace and see what happens 

Disagree mate

With a midfield of Wilshere, Rooney, Dier and Lallana we'd be almost playing 4-2-4 with Wilshere and Lallana scaring the shit out of teams behind Vardy and Sturridge with 4 players of pace and skill

Rooney for me has been our player of the tournament so far (OK only 2 games) but he's playing the old Stevie G role box-to-box but fucking runs and hassles and tackles and gets stuck in and gets the ball. Play him just in front of Dier who's doing a great job of picking the ball off in front of the back 4 and teams that are sitting back with one up front will end up sitting even further back

We always make the mistake of doing what all the other teams do but never quite as good so fuck it, go all out attack with pace and see what happens 

Box to box rooney are you sure?

• Site Supporter

Yesterday's starting 11 isn't too far off our best 11 for me but I would certainly start Vardy instead of Sterling. Wilshere and Sturridge have missed too much football to be starting games but good subs to have

I'd swap Vardy for Kane and play Rashford instead of Sterling.  Latter looks very composed (Sturrdige still a bit of a greedy tw*t for me), he's strong, quick and can finish - also more of an unknown (as can be at this level).

Probably not a popular choice on ere, mind ;) 

Don't think not having the ball  against better teams is that much of an issue.  We've shown we can keep it fairly well and I would say playing on the counter is where we will be most dangerous (especially if those above or Sturridge are picked).  Teams will be wary of pressing too high against us now . . .

Nothing but confident for this one so 2 v 1 loss then!!!  Honestly think we can put 3 or 4 past these especially if we get an early one.  As we could have done to Russia or Wales to be fair

I'd swap Vardy for Kane and play Rashford instead of Sterling.  Latter looks very composed (Sturrdige still a bit of a greedy tw*t for me), he's strong, quick and can finish - also more of an unknown (as can be at this level).

I was glad when we put Rashford on yesterday. And agree fully about Sturrridge, greedy wanker.

Edited by Smiley

100% agree and Ali technically he is a bit crap, he can run though.

Thing that concerns me with Alli is his temperament. Yesterday that shove on Ramsey into the ad boards could have got him a booking. Just wonder that in the knock outs, more experienced, maybe cleverer players will find a way to get at him

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.