Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Next England Manager?

Sam should have had it when managing Bolton, will he want it now? would he leave Sunderland? 

Are you suggesting that the man with such a big chip on his shoulder about being overlooked for big jobs that he started banging on about being renamed Allardici is going to turn down the England job, to stay for another relegation fight with Sunderland?

Are you suggesting that the man with such a big chip on his shoulder about being overlooked for big jobs that he started banging on about being renamed Allardici is going to turn down the England job, to stay for another relegation fight with Sunderland?

I don't know what he'll be thinking, I'd leave Sunderland to manage England, but he might not have forgive 'em for not choosing him years ago.

• Site Supporter

He had a point and has proved his worth. Combines inovative, scientific methods with good old fashioned man management. Gets results.

Can't see Iceland being bothered about trying to be Spain or what a sour CR7 has to say.

Oh Yes! Big Sam with his brand of winning football.

Kevin Nolan as skills coach - extra sessions for trapping bags of cement.

I am sure that Big Sam would have a more committed and better organised team. Would the team get better results - probably. Does he have

the tactical know how to out-think/out manoeuver the top teams - I honestly don't think so.  

I am sure that Big Sam would have a more committed and better organised team. Would the team get better results - probably. Does he have

the tactical know how to out-think/out manoeuver the top teams - I honestly don't think so.  

That's a bold statement Tony.

Would Nolan also be in charge of pointing?

This pisses me off, from the Guardian yesterday, 

"Martin Glenn (FA Technical Director) has made it clear that he will consult England’s captain, Wayne Rooney, as well as experienced players such as Joe Hart, James Milner and Gary Cahill, and the preference in the dressing room would be for a non-Englishman if the alternative comes from a list featuring Sam Allardyce, Alan Pardew, Steve Bruce and Eddie Howe."

IMO three of those four should not be in the next squad and Cahill should be only used as a reserve.

• Site Supporter

Why consult the players at all? Another symptom of why we constantly fail, massaging the over-flated egos of a bunch of average players.

It should be a case of turning up & giving your all for your country no matter who the manager is & if it doesn't suit then fuck off & we'll get someone in who will. I think some of these wankers would pack England in at the drop of a hat if it didn't affect their sponsorship deals.