Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

England Summary

gonzo

Aye.  Will they care in 2 days/weeks/months time though?

Some quite good comments on there for a fb page.  Especially about picking in form players and playing them in right position.  Look at Italy as a prime example.   Basics really!

Just feel like we 'moddlycoddle 'em when they need a good fookin' talking to!  Taking Wilshere was baffling, as was having Kane take set pieces, as was . . . ah fcuk it :) 

So make better decisions on the pitch yourselves then and show the world what you can do . . .

I can fully believe that but if they are using that as an excuse then they are more cnutish than I first thought!

Roy Hodgson wasn't the one over hitting passes and Crosses, or the one unable to trap a bag of cement.

I'd happily go for the German style deck clearing and start the approach for the world cup without anyone over 28.

England were good in the groups but that performance last night was as bad as anything I can remember.

Kane, Sterling and Hart had terrible tournaments, Hart fuck up cost us  at least extra time, we wouldn't have deserved that, but still... save the flipping thing, you did the same mistake twice?? did you not practice low left sided saves after the Bale one? and no Glenn Hoddle that easy save from the overhead kick did not make up for it!

Kane pissed me off the most, thinking he's Ronaldo taking freekicks, every single one throughout the tournament went over or wide, when he whipped one in it went out for a goal kick, his overall play was shite too, ball going under his foot, shit shots from distance, not once did he look like he was going to score, that header he had v Iceland was weak too, all this after winning the Golden Boot in the Prem!! 

Rashford did more in 5 mins than the whole team, Sterling won a penalty, but then all he did was try and take a player on and run into them or get the ball stuck under his feet or it bouncing off his shins for goalkicks/throw-ins.

Sturridge was wasted that far wide, he can be very greedy also, there was no chemistry on our flanks last night, in the group both Clyne and Walker were flying forward and creating chances, Lallana was creating stuff too and linking up nicely, yet he was dropped?

How can we go from winning all our qualification matches, beating Germany and France well in friendlies to that performance v Iceland, I don't agree England were rubbish through-out, just that one game last night, although it's okay playing well but you have to take your chances, we created tons of chances in every group game but..

..0 goals from open play v Russia, Slovakia and Iceland, 4 goals all tournament, 1 a freekick, 1 a penalty, 1 a mistake from Ashley Williams head and a last minute goal, so we took one goal in 4 games that we actually created ourselves, pathetic.

Edited by Didledee

• Site Supporter

I used to work with a bloke, called Bruce, who reckoned he once had sex with an owl

As intriguing as the post clearly is, I'm most curious about why you included his name....

Media are trying to find reason and excuses behind this latest failure, other than 'we are just not that good'.

History tells us this, other than 66, 1 semi final WC ever, and 2 Euro semi's EVER....and one of them was early days when only 4 nations entered!!

• Moderators

Media are trying to find reason and excuses behind this latest failure, other than 'we are just not that good'.

History tells us this, other than 66, 1 semi final WC ever, and 2 Euro semi's EVER....and one of them was early days when only 4 nations entered!!

don't forget, didn't even qualify in 94 and 08

as said on another thread, 2 wins in normal time in the KO stages of a tournament in 30 years

we generally (see 1st point) can piss the qualifying groups, but we're really not that good at knock out football

We didn't agree to play out a draw in that last game against Croatia when it got to 2-2. Tactical masterclass from Mclaren and his players.

To be fair Andorra let England down by losing 0-1 to Russia on the same evening!

don't forget, didn't even qualify in 94 and 08

as said on another thread, 2 wins in normal time in the KO stages of a tournament in 30 years

we generally (see 1st point) can piss the qualifying groups, but we're really not that good at knock out football

Exactly why we need a knock out football manager.

Fuck blooding youngsters and picking stars based on name only.

Pick a team to win the game there and then.

Who would've been better playing behind Jamie Vardy in the last few games? The unfashionable Danny Drinkwater who has played behind him all season and knows his runs inside and out? Or the fashionable land crab Jack wilshire who couldn't pass wind?

We need to go into a tournament to win games not play a certain way and pick wankers.

Who would've been better playing behind Jamie Vardy in the last few games? The unfashionable Danny Drinkwater who has played behind him all season and knows his runs inside and out

What runs?

We can't break down these teams because they don't leave any room in behind for our limited players to run into and we aren't good enough in possession to pass our way through.

Drinkwater's England career would have been over before he'd got on the plane home if he'd played.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.