Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tour De France

maaarsh

Was looking tgat way based on his post race interview. That interview seemed really suspect to me, he was going on about his back hurting, then his knee. Not a mention of any of that the day before when he blew up 

was only a couple of days ago that he was very late off the bus, nearly missed the start, was thinking then that something isn’t right 

• Site Supporter
13 hours ago, Nobster said:

I know been a bad year for injuries, this here collapsed lung is being a bit of a fucker to sort.

Have you had actual treatment for it?

When I had one, they drained the air our with a needle and syringe. "Aspiration" I think they called it.

Kinell, I can remember trying to play squash with it before diagnosis. Wasn't pleasant. 

47 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Have you had actual treatment for it?

When I had one, they drained the air our with a needle and syringe. "Aspiration" I think they called it.

Kinell, I can remember trying to play squash with it before diagnosis. Wasn't pleasant. 

The hospital in France decided not to do the drain due to the risk of infection, now 5 weeks on still in pain and struggling to take a full breath. Had a CT scan on Saturday and back tomorrow for the results.

• Site Supporter
On 16/09/2020 at 13:12, Nobster said:

The hospital in France decided not to do the drain due to the risk of infection, now 5 weeks on still in pain and struggling to take a full breath. Had a CT scan on Saturday and back tomorrow for the results.

Good luck, sounds like you've still got air trapped between the lung and chest wall.

Thats what happened with me; apparently the hole can heal fairly quickly, but any air then trapped can take a fair while to be absorbed. Also an infection risk in itself iirc.

Its a while ago but I'm sure they took out 1.8ltr. An instantaneous relief too, no pain when your lung inflates each time.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Even before he jacked in Bernal had been saying he was hitting all his numbers and was nowhere near. You would have thought Ineos would have a better doctor than that unless they were hoping to highlight blatant foul play from others......

If you're so good and worked so hard to get to the top, why would so many then be taking such risks with their careers?

Doesn't add up, maybe the odd one, but are you suggesting its rife?

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

It's an integral part of the sport and always has been, even the most optimistic fan might try to claim that Thomas is the only clean winner ever.

That's what I dont understand. Suggesting virtually all riders are happy to take shit seems a stretch, if pressured you'd expect more to say "fuck off" and spill the beans.

Would the same not also apply to some other top level sports?

Omerta is a key part of cycling, you do what you're asked to and say nowt about it. Cunts like Millar commentating on things and pretending they have had a road to Damascus moment should be the first against the wall, they wouldn't be where they were without drugs. Even Armstrong didn't name names.

Other sports are rife with it, have a look around athletics or even amateur rugby union in Ireland and it's wide spread and people within have no desire to expose it, why would they?

I'd love to be wrong though and for the record my cycling hero is Sean Kelly who doped.

Important to remember that doping in no way means you don't have to put a shit load of work in as well, even more than folk not doping because you're doing it to be the best you possibly can be and it's not a magic wand