Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tour De France

maaarsh

• 1 month later...

I've been watching a bit of La Vuelta, been a decent watch the last few days

The highlights have just finished and then the Tour of Britain has come on...

I don't get why the 2 races on at the same time? I assume that La Vuekta is the more prestigious race as Froome is in it but then again plenty of big names in the Tour of Britain as well - all a bit odd

A lot of the top cycling team have two or more squad who they send to events depending on the media presence. La Vuelta is the Spanish equivalent of TDF although not as big in the cycling world.

There are lots of tours around the world that don't get global TV coverage but teams send a squad to get local coverage. A friend of mine works for Sky and is currently on the Tour of Britain but then goes to Norway next to work on a minor event before going to Majorca and Tenerife for winter training.

I've been watching a bit of La Vuelta, been a decent watch the last few days

The highlights have just finished and then the Tour of Britain has come on...

I don't get why the 2 races on at the same time? I assume that La Vuekta is the more prestigious race as Froome is in it but then again plenty of big names in the Tour of Britain as well - all a bit odd

The three grand tours are the Giro, TdF and Vuelta, which all last 3 weeks.

There are a multitude of 1 week tours.

Nowadays the Tour of Britain coincides with the third week of La Vuelta.

Some use the British event as a build up towards the World Championships which are in Bergen from 17th to 24th of this month (men's time trial on 20th and road race on 24th).

Only 2 superstars have won the TdF and Vuelta in the same year, and that was when the Spanish event was in the spring, so Froome is attempting something new of winning the TdF and then La Vuelta in the same year. Or he could finish second as he has done several times before.

The three grand tours are the Giro, TdF and Vuelta, which all last 3 weeks.

There are a multitude of 1 week tours.

Nowadays the Tour of Britain coincides with the third week of La Vuelta.

Some use the British event as a build up towards the World Championships which are in Bergen from 17th to 24th of this month (men's time trial on 20th and road race on 24th).

Only 2 superstars have won the TdF and Vuelta in the same year, and that was when the Spanish event was in the spring, so Froome is attempting something new of winning the TdF and then La Vuelta in the same year. Or he could finish second as he has done several times before.

The Giro is the hardest of those.

3 weeks avoiding smackheads around Liverpool council estates.

A lot of the top cycling team have two or more squad who they send to events depending on the media presence. La Vuelta is the Spanish equivalent of TDF although not as big in the cycling world.

There are lots of tours around the world that don't get global TV coverage but teams send a squad to get local coverage. A friend of mine works for Sky and is currently on the Tour of Britain but then goes to Norway next to work on a minor event before going to Majorca and Tenerife for winter training.

Nephew joins Team Sky in January from Axeon, currently riding for GB in ToB. Best British Rider for Stages 1,2 & 3 and just pipped on Stage 4 so far, a stage win would top it off.

If he doesn't fancy the Adnam's mini casks he's won his dad and I will help him out.

Nephew joins Team Sky in January from Axeon, currently riding for GB in ToB. Best British Rider for Stages 1,2 & 3 and just pipped on Stage 4 so far, a stage win would top it off.

If he doesn't fancy the Adnam's mini casks he's won his dad and I will help him out.

They spoke very highly of him on yesterday's highlight's

• 10 months later...
  • Site Supporter

Took my Dad over to Brittany for stage 6 (Brest to Mir De Bretagne)

Great trip, did the Normandy D Day landings on the way back (thanks to missing our ferry)

Not looked at today yet, about to put the highlights on

The Alps will be very interesting this week

Wacky races on the cobbles today

More crashes than a stock car race

Tour goes within a few hundred metres of our door tomorrow when it passes through Bourg Saint Maurice at the start of the climb up to La Rosiere and on Thursday the roll out is from Bourg going past us on route to Moutiers. Friends of ours are going up to La Rosiere today and camping out to be at the top for the finish, it a hell of a climb narrow roads with loads of tight hairpin bends will certainly sort a few out as temperatures are rising as well.