Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Turkey Coup

Dan.m

• Site Supporter

A mate is out there at the moment. They've been advised that if they want to speak to the local MP they have to speak to a soldier instead. Other than that Its 'as you were'

Why would they want to speak to an MP?

Strange holiday request.

Still, rather a bloke in a suit than a bloke in DPMs with a machine gun

Got locked up there in 97 on a trumped up charge after a holiday with Brixton, Whitehaven Warrior and our respective families.

Was released three days later after buying my way out, absolutely disgraceful and corrupt bunch of officials there.

2 years later, our customs turned up at my house saying the greasy Turks had made a request for me to go back and stand trial as " I'd escaped from custody" Our lot had no jurisdiction and were relaying the message and they even advised to ignore it.

Fair play to our customs as they also said it was bullshit on the Turks' side esp as I had several release documents in my possession.

Apparently, I'm banned from entering Turkey again or I face six months in the clink.

Barbados or Midnight Express ?

Hmmmm. Easy fucking choice.

Edited by miamiwhite

The bloke in charge is going to use this as a chance to purge the military and possibly security services of his enemies. They'll become more Islamic and less sympathetic to the west. More importantly is the risk he'll get rid of skilled security services with information on ISIS. I like to think I'm pretty liberal but I like turkey as a secular/Muslim buffer zone to the middle east.

• Site Supporter

The bloke in charge is going to use this as a chance to purge the military and possibly security services of his enemies. They'll become more Islamic and less sympathetic to the west. More importantly is the risk he'll get rid of skilled security services with information on ISIS. I like to think I'm pretty liberal but I like turkey as a secular/Muslim buffer zone to the middle east.

Are these crazy cunts still being allowed into the EU nirvana fairly soon?