Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ebay Post 291820468305 - Bwfc Items

jagermoot

I am selling some treasured BWFC items as i am moving home and no longer have any use for them. They should go to a good home.

Items include BWFC semi final VHS vs Swindon at Burnden Park 1994/1995 season (won it in a raffle on the coach on the way down to Wembley). Plus thr ticket stub from the final.

If it goes to a buyer on here, i will throw in the programme from the play off final in Cardiff against Preston North End.

Any questions, please ask.

• 3 years later...

Anyone use ebay often?  I've bought stuff off there directly before but never had to bid for an item.  Saw an old Wanderers book there yesterday and it wouldn't let me just buy it, I had to bid.  Offered the asking price, had to wait 24 hours,no other interest then I hear my bids been unsuccessful.  WTF? 

48 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

Keep looking mate , I got one for a couple of quid last year , they appear every few months.

Cheers pal, will do.  I'm bemused about the whole bidding for some items and able to just buy others on there.  Not knowing what the winning bid was is bloody annoying too! 

23 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Cheers pal, will do.  I'm bemused about the whole bidding for some items and able to just buy others on there.  Not knowing what the winning bid was is bloody annoying too! 

It's a bit hit and miss for me , I like that you can just buy something without waiting 6 days or so , but the bargain side has dried up , especially regarding inflated Post and packaging.

Edited by dusan nikolic

1 hour ago, Duck Egg said:

auctions , how do they work ?

you put a bid "on commision" on the 'ledger' and the system auto bids as others do the same. 

if youd bid £100 and one other bidder bid £5 youd win it for £6. 

if you bid £100 and someone else bid £97 you win it for £98

if you bid £100 and someone else bids £200 , they would win it for £101 . 

there a thought that putting a bid in early "shows your hand" which is why the bidding usually happens in the last ten minutes , but really if you bid enough you win, if you dont you wont. 

Edited by e2e4
typo

1 minute ago, e2e4 said:

you put a bid "on commision" on the 'ledger' and the system auto bids as others do the same. 

if youd bid £100 and one other bidder bid £5 youd win it for £6. 

if you bid £100 and someone else bid £97 you win it for £98

if you bid £100 and someone else bids £200 , they would win it for £101 . 

there a thought that putting a bid in early "shows your hand" which is why the bidding usually happens in the last ten minutes , but really if you bid enough you win, if you dont you wont. 

I used to get caught out trying to be crafty on last minute bids , now I just lump on what I would be happy to pay anyway , and if I get it cheaper = Result.

in this example

https://www.ebay.co.uk/bfl/viewbids/353101770686

theres no way of knowing what the other dudes maximum bid would be.. he couldve bid £2 , he couldve bid £2m .. the only thing you can tell is he bid at least a pound (or so) more than you. 

ziggy stardusts post above theres another copy , its dearer from the start, and other folk might bid, but ^^^ thats how it works. 

finishes on friday at 9pm , i think .. 

Edited by e2e4
typo

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

I used to get caught out trying to be crafty on last minute bids , now I just lump on what I would be happy to pay anyway , and if I get it cheaper = Result.

I’ve started doing that but in last minute if I remember. If you then bid what you’re willing to pay and don’t win, you at least know that the seller has got a decent price for his item.

Just now, MickyD said:

I’ve started doing that but in last minute if I remember. If you then bid what you’re willing to pay and don’t win, you at least know that the seller has got a decent price for his item.

Too right , I've generally done well on the last minute bids(when I remember the end time) , I'm not sure if a lot of shilling still goes on ( friends of the seller starting a bidding war to boost the price , for anyone unaware of this scam).

their mates shill bidding , is another reason to bid late on ^ (i agree). 

doesnt give them time to manufacture bullshit bids, (i suppose they could use a bot to do that, but thats against the terms, as is shill bidding in itself)

if you are sensible (ie dont put a 2 million pound bid on a book worth £10-15, just so win, it could backfire) itll work out similar to how "buy it now" items are purchased..

Edited by e2e4
typo

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, tomski said:

I don’t think I’ve ever purchased or sold anything on eBay. Anyone else?

Never sold, sounds like a faff, I'd probably end up selling to some arsehole who wants his money back for a second hand cum rag

2 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Never sold, sounds like a faff, I'd probably end up selling to some arsehole who wants his money back for a second hand cum rag

Haha. Deffo down to laziness and online suspicion on my part.

I've bought loads of stuff and sold quite a bit too. The only hardship in selling is wrapping it and taking it to the post office.

Only had a couple of problems with not receiving stuff, and that is easily sorted as PayPal covers you and refunds you pretty quickly. Never had any problems at all selling anything.

9 hours ago, DazBob said:

I've bought loads of stuff and sold quite a bit too. The only hardship in selling is wrapping it and taking it to the post office.

Only had a couple of problems with not receiving stuff, and that is easily sorted as PayPal covers you and refunds you pretty quickly. Never had any problems at all selling anything.

Sweet. If I do have anything to sell. I’ll let you do it!

• Site Supporter
On 18/06/2020 at 09:36, DazBob said:

I bought a pair of black leather gloves on eBay. A fiver. They’re for funerals. Two weeks went by and no sign so I contacted the seller and they sent another pair.

Another few days, replacement gloves arrived and wife tells me a similar package came a week or so ago and she’d put it in a box at the side of where I generally sit. The missing gloves!

Obviously I contacted the seller again and sent him another fiver.