Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Horwich Parkway

burnden

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great planning again, just when then football season is about to start. Why didn't they just doit when the bridges were getting work done and the line already closed?!?

Because that way they wouldn't have been able to maximise the amount of people they could piss off.

Outstanding timing again.

What will the odds be on some other unexpected delay?

Heard on the ITK grapevine itll be after Christmas.

The work done previously was done by a different firm. This new lot that have come in are having to either re-do what was done or start again.

That rail replacement coach leathering it down country lanes to go to Lostock Station to pick nobody up... i thought those days were gone!

Edited by Marc505

Is that bus service still going for home games?, saying that didn't give you long for a beer, get a few in taxi be fuck all

Don't know but reading the link the lad from northern rail is saying not to use replacement buses! Mind boggles.

So much for planning to go to the Fleetwood match on the train and have a beer session. I usually drive and was looking forward to the change.

Fcuking British Rail

In a similar vein, I have no idea how I'm getting to bury away?

Can I get there on the Blackburn line??

Bury doesn't have a rail station, neither does Fleetwood or Oldham, Northern powerhouse my arse. Meanwhile I have just clicked on National Rail Enquiries and at the top is an advert saying "Don't chance it, avoid the roadwork's, get the train......"

Bury doesn't have a rail station, neither does Fleetwood or Oldham, Northern powerhouse my arse. Meanwhile I have just clicked on National Rail Enquiries and at the top is an advert saying "Don't chance it, avoid the roadwork's, get the train......"

or Leigh.......

Yeah, but that's not the point, you can get the tram to Oldham but the point is there should be the rail network there, I mean Redcar British Steel still has a station despite the plant being closed!

There is a train station in Bury bit the trains only run between Rawtenstall and Heywood