Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bristol Rovers 1 Wanderers 2

captainmed

We were well in charge for an hour and it was a silly foul from Trotter that let them back in.

Spearing was excellent tonight, best game I have seen him have for Bolton.

Beevers and Buxton are solid defenders for this level.

Not impressed by Wilkinson's cameo as sub, Clough on the other hand showed some real touches of quality.

I got stuck on m42 trying to get to m5 so ended up stopping in Worcester for work tomorrow.

Before everyone starts getting giddy I have not seen a game yet this season can not remember last time I saw was win , missed Blackburn and hull last year.

• Members

I got stuck on m42 trying to get to m5 so ended up stopping in Worcester for work tomorrow.

Before everyone starts getting giddy I have not seen a game yet this season can not remember last time I saw was win , missed Blackburn and hull last year.

Ani, with the utmost respect, FFS stay away. Yer a fucking jinx.

Same here guys..........just spoke to my dad and he's fucking buzzing too...

Had him out the house a few times recently and now the old buzzard for the first time in years has actually said "when are we going to the Reebok ?" Daft old sod.........

I did say it was my mission getting the old duffer there for a match, now it's fucking happening....

House is rocking tonight.................proud as fuck to be a Bolton fan...IT FEELS GOOD.

With the running stuff I only have one match I will be having a few beers at this side of October so happy to offer a lift mate.

Same here guys..........just spoke to my dad and he's fucking buzzing too...

Had him out the house a few times recently and now the old buzzard for the first time in years has actually said "when are we going to the Reebok ?" Daft old sod.........

I did say it was my mission getting the old duffer there for a match, now it's fucking happening....

House is rocking tonight.................proud as fuck to be a Bolton fan...IT FEELS GOOD.

Nice to read that :) get him down to a game!

Just got back. Over 4 hours to get home with traffic near the ground and the M5 diversion, but bloody hell we got three points!

Never thought I'd use these words but Madine put a proper shift in, as did Proctor. Clough hasn't lost any ability with his time away and should have scored a worldie had he chosen to shoot instead of trying to pass to Wilkinson after a mazy run, but his introduction playing just off the front man meant that the central midfield (at that time Vela and Spearing) were naturally dropping deeper and deeper as time went on, whereas in the first half we pressed quite high up the pitch and were able to dictate play much more.

Wheater had a shaky first 10 minutes but recovered after that, with him and Beevers looking pretty solid throughout.

Trotter had a purple patch early in the second half but got a bit giddy and gave the ball away in their half after a bit of failed showboating and followed play upfield to eventually bring down their man with a daft foul that led to their goal, but to be honest Chris Taylor didn't seem too much of an improvement and if anything didn't Moxey the same protection that Trotter was affording.

Great following down there, though some bizarre accents to be heard all over our end. Sometimes you forget where we've pulled fans from!

Was stood near Tomski second half and good to meet Dr Faustus in the pub en route.

I had to switch the radio off towards the end, the pressure of keeping the 100% record up was too much.The last time i couldn't listen to a Bolton match was when we went down at Stoke. It's great to lose the apathy.

Reading the Bristol forum one of theirs reckons Madine owes Bolton a weeks wages for lack of effort.They are generally impressed with our team, reckon we'll be top 6 and say that was Rovers best display this season.

Home; i feel i returned to my realm as a mystical warrior; can in hand, swollen bladder, slightly dampened flag hanging from its sheath. Battle (rather, diversion) weary, forlorn at the lack of chips, i retire to my sofa... On switching the light, the cat looks at me like a dick; but fuck him- he is a cat, a can lick his own balls.

i though, am a man, and return from two wins in five days, and i am looking for Lori Buckby.

nice to meet Leyther Matt en routei

Home......M5 diversion somewhere. but well worth it.

Very good 1st half & up to their goal in the 2nd half we played very well & deserved our lead.......holding on a bit at the end but we defended well & they resorted to long shots & lumping it into our area which was easy for Wheater & Beevers.

Every one of the team & subs put the effort in for the team ( even Wilkinson had a couple of good runs )  EIEIEIO

Home; i feel i returned to my realm as a mystical warrior; can in hand, swollen bladder, slightly dampened flag hanging from its sheath. Battle (rather, diversion) weary, forlorn at the lack of chips, i retire to my sofa... On switching the light, the cat looks at me like a dick; but fuck him- he is a cat, a can lick his own balls.

i though, am a man, and return from two wins in five days, and i am looking for Lori Buckby.

nice to meet Leyther Matt en routei

Ha ha do we have an attempted challenge to embankment on Stuart Hall style match reports?

• Site Supporter

Well, well, fucking well.

Didn't know till just now. Switched my phone off at 0-1, couldn't handle it.

Opened BBC website and covered the results page with my hand, then peeled it away to reveal Bristol Rovers 1, did a giggle, then revealed Bolton 2 - fucking bounced on the bed.

Thought we bossed the first half & the first 5-10 mins of the 2nd, trotter diving in giving the foul away that they scored from  was nothing short of amateurish, we were coasting till then. Got took off not long after. came under some pressure but we looked very dangerous on the break. o'h yeah & Dr Faustus looks like Worzel fcukin Gummage.

home at 3am, up at 5am & in work at 6.30am.......................I am fcukin ruff!!!

Toodle pip

Thought we bossed the first half & the first 5-10 mins of the 2nd, trotter diving in giving the foul away that they scored from was nothing short of amateurish, we were coasting till then. Got took off not long after. came under some pressure but we looked very dangerous on the break. o'h yeah & Dr Faustus looks like Worzel fcukin Gummage.

home at 3am, up at 5am & in work at 6.30am.......................I am fcukin ruff!!!

Toodle pip

Top effort Issac if I was in work I'd take you for a spot of lunch it'll have to wait until my return to Blighty. Great to see you have got your BWFC mojo back.????

Thought we bossed the first half & the first 5-10 mins of the 2nd, trotter diving in giving the foul away that they scored from  was nothing short of amateurish, we were coasting till then. Got took off not long after. came under some pressure but we looked very dangerous on the break. o'h yeah & Dr Faustus looks like Worzel fcukin Gummage.

Toodle pip

its Jeff Lynne

I hope I don't jinx this run that we are on but what Parky has done with the players he has brought in i.e. a keeper, CB and striker reminds me of what Rioch did if memory serves me right he reinforced the spine of the team with Branagan and Mcginlay before a ball was kicked. Wishful thinking I know. 

We looked comfortable for most of the game last night. when they scored we came under a bit o pressure, but nothing to be concerned about & saying that with a bit o luck & better finishing we cudda scored another 3 after they scored hitting them on the break.