Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Winx

bolty58

• Members

She really is a freak mate. If she wins a 4th consecutive W.S. Cox Plate, I believe that will be a feat that will never be equalled.

Of course every man and his dog is a Winx fan these days. Wouldn't have my money riding on her at prices like 1.09, stone cold 'better than bank interest' certainty that she is. I was one of the lucky ones who saw her potential early so had some good collects at what would now be viewed as astronomical odds.

On 08/10/2018 at 09:19, bolty58 said:

She really is a freak mate. If she wins a 4th consecutive W.S. Cox Plate, I believe that will be a feat that will never be equalled.

Of course every man and his dog is a Winx fan these days. Wouldn't have my money riding on her at prices like 1.09, stone cold 'better than bank interest' certainty that she is.

Paddy Power still offering odds of 1.33 up here............

• Members

Almost luxury odds those. It would be miraculous if something was to lower her colours.

Having said that - the vagaries of racing. She could get knocked over at the turn.

Can't see it though. Might have to be the whole bank going on if I can get $1.37.

• Members

Well mate - it should be as cast iron as any horse racing result could be expected to be.

The vagaries of horse racing are what make it interesting but I can't see her putting a single foot wrong over her favourite track and distance. She owns Moonee Valley and has been her usual faultless self again during this most recent campaign.

• Members
14 hours ago, Traf said:

Either way, I'm guaranteed a payout at the equivalent of 1.42

Time will tell of course but I believe that to be a very wise investment. I can only see freakish circumstances or an absolute racing freak emerging to stop her making history which I believe would never be repeated.

• Members
17 hours ago, Traf said:

No danger of someone just blocking her off?

Although he sectional times for the last 2f were exceptional LTO, it was her least comfortable win and you could see there might be danger if someone wanted to cause it.

Unlikely mate. If you look at the replays of her previous 3 Cox Plate wins you would think that someone would have to blatantly body check her to knock her out of her stride.

She's a nuggety strong bugger. Barrier draw could be interesting I suppose. If she gets an inside one, who knows. If I remember rightly, she got barrier one in her first cox plate win and absolutely poleaxed them. I wouldn't really be worried about doing your money. 99.999% chance you won't!

• Members

• Members