Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bury 0 Wanderers 2

captainmed

What a load of shit, that'll involve me having to book two days off work. I was perfectly happy with Saturday 12:00 kick off.

Fucking Boo!

What a load of shit, that'll involve me having to book two days off work. I was perfectly happy with Saturday 12:00 kick off.

Fucking Boo!

how many days off will you need to take?

The police wanted a 2hour town centre close of all pubs if it was on Saturday to get Bolton moved on. Back fired that be an early start now

Exactly. Doesn't make sense. Sky have more power than the police then.

I was cutting it fine going to the game at Gigg Lane - got a flight at 5pm, so would've been a rush afterwards. Have to settle for watching it in a bar on the Algarve now. What a shitter.

Exactly. Doesn't make sense. Sky have more power than the police then.

I was cutting it fine going to the game at Gigg Lane - got a flight at 5pm, so would've been a rush afterwards. Have to settle for watching it in a bar on the Algarve now. What a shitter.

suppose the police will think it will knock numbers off travelling Bolton fans depending how we're doing

suppose the police will think it will knock numbers off travelling Bolton fans depending how we're doing

It won't stop lads from either side supping from dinner time and playing cat and mouse all day.

Fuckin daft. Bury would've been cleared by 4pm had it been left the same.

Edited by gonzo

• Members

In times past we used to completely overrun that place.

I have been trying to find a Candid Camera clip or newspaper cutting of Jonathon Routh sitting down at peoples tables in the UCP in Bury and nicking chips off their plates with a fork. Some navvy didn't see the funny side and twatted him. Sure it was the week after when we played them and it kicked off in the UCP with some of their hard nuts out of The Raven pub. I worked in Bury at the time and the UCP got a bit of a reputation as a Wild West Saloon! The UCP! Laughable.

Anyway, this is one game I hope we win comfortably. Shithouses.

• Moderators

Excellent news it's live on Sky.The football world will get to see there's still life in Bolton Wanderers and see our huge away following take over Gigg wherever we happen to be in the Div 3 table.

can't imagine it'll be on in too many houses / bars outside the BL postcodes mind