Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

List Of Long Gone Pubs In Bolton You Haved Supped In But Just Naming One.

leigh white

• Site Supporter

Nibblers

Brilliant call Gonk. Fucking loved that place when I was 17 to say 22, I think it shut down not long after that.

Terry & Gary on the door, the old biddy (forget her name) taking your cash to go down into the pit. Sticky floors, fights every night, crap ale and a dodgy DJ, brilliant.

Brilliant call Gonk. Fucking loved that place when I was 17 to say 22, I think it shut down not long after that.

Terry & Gary on the door, the old biddy (forget her name) taking your cash to go down into the pit. Sticky floors, fights every night, crap ale and a dodgy DJ, brilliant.

Sheila. Not sure I ever paid to get in though....... oh and the DJ was called Lofty :) Edited by no balls

Phoenix nights had nothing on Nibblers

They gave Terry the doorman's jas he was easier to control doing the job rather than fighting the doorman. Not many doormen had a goat with them as backup. widders would have loved it. Lofty the DJ deaf as a post.

Edited by Gonk

Phienix nights had nothing on Nibblers

They gave Terry the doorman's jas he was easier to control doing the job rather than fighting the doorman. Not many doormen had a goat with them as backup. widders would have loved it. Lofty the DJ deaf as a post.

watching match of the day on that massive tele shoved on a table in the back room as you're tripping your tits off and can't handle the bedlam in the front room. Oh and the aforementioned deaf dj, lofty trying to mix The Snake in with 808 State! It were great :)

• Members

I don't suppose many will remember The Black Swan in Harwood - roughly where Morrisons is now.

Wouldn't know where Morrisons is now. The Black Swan at the junction of Stitch Mi Lane and Hardy Mill Road/Arthur Lane?

If so, remember it very well mate. Bass Charrington house?

what was the nightclub called on manchster road facing carrs pasties

Taskers.

Grab a granny in there.

Should've been called 'Desperate Measures' as I recall Monteraze had a slightly later licence, midnight last orders iirc, if you then wanted to extend the night further (Taskers being one of few options weeknights) then you really were flying pisspot credentials, or desperate (or both).

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Moderators

Wouldn't know where Morrisons is now. The Black Swan at the junction of Stitch Mi Lane and Hardy Mill Road/Arthur Lane?

If so, remember it very well mate. Bass Charrington house?

That would be the nab gate, now an Italian

Morrisons is on longsight, opposite 7 Stars