Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Walsall 1 Wanderers 0

Ratwhite

I think the sending off didn't help us allowed them to play 2 banks of 4 and hit us on the break it changed the dynamics of Walsalls game they played it from then on like an away game and without creativity in our midfield we couldn't unlock them. I'm more concerned about our inability to break mediocre teams down at home than today's result.

Spearing is the best of the rest but its Mark Davies we're missing most.Its turned to shit since Davies got injured at Charlton.

Midfield isnt the biggest problem though, we don't have a decent striker.Proctor was a poor signing considering Parky had worked with him.

We aren't going up with what we've got, not a chance of that.

I think the sending off didn't help us allowed them to play 2 banks of 4 and hit us on the break it changed the dynamics of Walsalls game they played it from then on like an away game and without creativity in our midfield we couldn't unlock them. I'm more concerned about our inability to break mediocre teams down at home than today's result.

They didn't just hit us on the break in the first half, they played us off the park IMHO. We put more pressure on them in the second half but we never made the extra man count really, which is a worry. Early days, keep the faith

Not sure we were played off the park, do not remember our keeper making a save. Their goal was a fuck up by Wheater.

We just looked shit. Ameobi was awful.

With a bit of luck we could have won , but would have been harsh on Walsall. Just no fluency anywhere in the team.

Missed spearing.

Anderson sending off might have been softest two yellows ever.

Not sure we were played off the park, do not remember our keeper making a save. Their goal was a fuck up by Wheater.

We just looked shit. Ameobi was awful.

With a bit of luck we could have won , but would have been harsh on Walsall. Just no fluency anywhere in the team.

Missed spearing.

Anderson sending off might have been softest two yellows ever.

What I sort of meant was they looked as likely to score as we did. And being down to 10 men didn't really bother them

I've said this for the past couple of weeks and never thought I'd say it but we miss Gary Madine

Proctor runs about a lot and whinges a lot but doesn't do much. For a supposed target man he doesn't hold it up and drops deep most of the time

Sameobi good lord, he isn't a footballer

It's not been great for a couple week but we're 2nd and I'd have taken that if offered at start of the season

I've said this for the past couple of weeks and never thought I'd say it but we miss Gary Madine

Proctor runs about a lot and whinges a lot but doesn't do much. For a supposed target man he doesn't hold it up and drops deep most of the time

Sameobi good lord, he isn't a footballer

It's not been great for a couple week but we're 2nd and I'd have taken that if offered at start of the season

Proctor is the best target man we have had in the channels since SKD, by some margin. Madine wins more headers against centres halves though.

Ameobi looks like he has a bit of talent, but also looks like the new Riga to me as I stated last week. Quick, flair, crowd singing his name, little end product. 

Indicative of how far we have sunk, visiting a poxy little football club. Rude awakening.

A similar indication is on the field of play. We have no quality or classy or skillful players. Hard to think of a bolton wanderers player that is currently worthy of the great shirt. It is not their fault, but it is no fun to watch week after week. Standard opinions are that we have been poor all season. We will finish mid table

Standard BiPolarWays

When we were top we were never that good

I'd wager now we aren't that bad

The fast start probably papered over a few cracks but it doesn't mean PP is all of a sudden doing a bad job; he's still had less than 10 games with this lot and we are going to continue to evolve.

Relax, be reet

Standard BiPolarWays

The fast start probably papered over a few cracks but it doesn't mean PP is all of a sudden doing a bad job; he's still had less than 10 games with this lot and we are going to continue to evolve.

Relax, be reet

downhill since madine injury????

Madine and Spearing back in will improve things.

We also missed Mark Davies as we had no one to carry the ball until Clough came on.

Amoebi had a shocker.

Not looking where he was going and taking Wheater out, allowing a good through ball to hit him on the back of the head, constantly ambling around and zero end product.

Madine and Spearing back in will improve things.

We also missed Mark Davies as we had no one to carry the ball until Clough came on.

Amoebi had a shocker.

Not looking where he was going and taking Wheater out, allowing a good through ball to hit him on the back of the head, constantly ambling around and zero end product.

If Wheaters done his knee again it's the worst thing to come out of yesterday!

• Site Supporter

Standard BiPolarWays

Relax, be reet

Nail on head

Ah, but the Sunday morning feeling is back

There's not enough width in this team despite us having players capable of playing wide.

There are too many square pegs in round holes in the midfield. Liam Trotter has only ever impressed me when playing holding midfield, we don't put him there. We put Spearing there and his best position is much further up the pitch. Josh Vela has to play as a right sided midfielder. He's another central player. James Henry is best out  wide.

Our defence is pretty solid but we're conceding one goal a game and it's usually a bad un. (Fleetwood, Southend, MK Dons and now Walsall - all balls ups)

Up front we had McGinlay and Walker last time we got out of this league. Who is going to come close to that kind of goals output?

Play offs at best for me on what I've seen so far.... and let's hope we don't disgrace ourselves in the up coming derby matches.

There's not enough width in this team despite us having players capable of playing wide.

There are too many square pegs in round holes in the midfield. Liam Trotter has only ever impressed me when playing holding midfield, we don't put him there. We put Spearing there and his best position is much further up the pitch. Josh Vela has to play as a right sided midfielder. He's another central player. James Henry is best out wide.

Our defence is pretty solid but we're conceding one goal a game and it's usually a bad un. (Fleetwood, Southend, MK Dons and now Walsall - all balls ups)

Up front we had McGinlay and Walker last time we got out of this league. Who is going to come close to that kind of goals output?

Play offs at best for me on what I've seen so far.... and let's hope we don't disgrace ourselves in the up coming derby matches.

well said

Relax, be reet

In fairness, I don't think anyone has said he's doing a bad job, though for me he's doing the job I was warned he would.

We'll have good spells of scraping wins & bad spells of narrow losses. We won't get promoted like that. It's great we're still in second & it'll be a real test next week against Bradistan, one of the better sides we'll come up against, & to see where the teams characters at & how they respond to a defeat. Ultimately though, we could & should have been in a better position than we are, that could end up costing us.

If someone offered me a play-off position now, I'd take it, lack of goals & slow forward play may be our downfall though. We'll know better by Christmas.