Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rochdale 1 Wanderers 0

burnden

I'm going to be driving down Traf, leaving home about 6ish and straight back afterwards if you can face an away day with little/no beer

I'd have to take Mia, you see, and it's a school night.

If you can fit both of us and her mum says it's fine...

I am in plus two - Row C unfortunately but not sure if this is relevant? Cemetery pub is excellent - Been in a couple of times with a mate from Rochdale but it will doubtless be packed.

I also attended the 4-0 League Cup tie. It was carnage - Wanderers fans at the other end of the stadium came to join us for the second half meaning there were what seemed like 4000 Wanderers fans in an end intended for about 2500. Each time we scored I was lifted off my feet and carried 20 yards or so. I have stood on the Stretford End and the Kop but not experienced anything so uncomfortable and frightening. I was 16 and weighed about eight stones, after the game I threw my guts up. Whenever I watch coverage from Hillsborough my thoughts go back to that evening.

• Members

I also attended the 4-0 League Cup tie. It was carnage - Wanderers fans at the other end of the stadium came to join us for the second half meaning there were what seemed like 4000 Wanderers fans in an end intended for about 2500. Each time we scored I was lifted off my feet and carried 20 yards or so. I have stood on the Stretford End and the Kop but not experienced anything so uncomfortable and frightening. I was 16 and weighed about eight stones, after the game I threw my guts up. Whenever I watch coverage from Hillsborough my thoughts go back to that evening.

Spot on. Similar to that night at Ewood.

• Moderators

I am in plus two - Row C unfortunately but not sure if this is relevant? Cemetery pub is excellent - Been in a couple of times with a mate from Rochdale but it will doubtless be packed.

for me, that was when we beat PNE 1-0 in 93 to go up

everyone went for the gates on the Burnden Terrace to get on the pitch, it was a tight squeeze, must've gone 5 metres without touching the floor though the gate, grim