Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rochdale 1 Wanderers 0

burnden

• Site Supporter

So disappointing. We very quickly need to find a formula for scoring goals. Proctor is the modern day David Reeves, he works his bollocks off (so for this shouldn't be derided) but is lacking in quality. Don't agree with the individual targeting of players Taylor along with a few others had poor games but was an easy target because he was on our side. The letting off of flares/smoke bombs in a crowded concourse with dads and lads about going to the toilet is absolutely insane

• Moderators

For me, another team with a lower league stopper at the back, not a footballer. They all have them, lads that are right on the limit of where they can play, more at home in the Conference. We haven't got a fucking clue how to play against them.

Left at half time, had to travel down to London after the game but thought I might as well go then and get a head start - bloody glad I did

Defensively we have been sound enough so far this season, it's just that final third, we've got some way to go. It's not even like we are building up play into the final third let alone creating chances before we even talk about converting chances

We need some players to start stepping up and grabbing it by the scruff of the neck

• Site Supporter

I sincerely hope Parky is protecting his players in the media but tore strips off them in the changing room. That was utter crap and got exactly what we deserved. Dale had more and better chances and should really have won by more.

I thought Thorpe was reasonable and Wheater again had a decent game though it does look like he was wrong footed for the goal. His effort at the end summed up our performance - dreadful.

Wilson and Taylor had stinkers, Anderson gets no service but doesn't put himself about looking to get the ball either. What's the point of Trotter? The game passes him by.

We don't create nearly enough chances, too slow in moving the ball forward. When we did attempt to pass rather than hoof, most were hit like missiles.

A hell of a lot of hard work to be done

Agree with much that has been said but

Booing our own will make things worse

We can defend reasonably well but we can't create and score , so if we go 1-0 down we are likely to lose.

Tha last 10 minutes showed that with a different formation we looked a more likely to score

For me, we have to change formation, get Proctor off the wing, if he plays, it's down the middle

Bite the bullet and play Clough from the start now

Taylor is a bench player at best

We miss Pratley regardless of those that abuse him believing otherwise

Vela is a better right back than Buxton and Wilson

We are still shit at setpieces

Parkinson needs to learn and learn quick that this this set up is going to lose us more than it will win for us. Confidence and tolerance from the excellent followings that we get are very shallow and time is of the essence to sort this out.

Edited by white noise

• Moderators

For me, another team with a lower league stopper at the back, not a footballer. They all have them, lads that are right on the limit of where they can play, more at home in the Conference. We haven't got a fucking clue how to play against them.

And probably on £1200 a week

I get this we can defend ok arguement, but with 4 at the back and 2 holding midfield players we have 7 of 11 defending, we should do OK.

Proctor gets booed because he is up front on his own against 4 most of the time, he works his socks off and does X not deserve the stick he gets. We need someone within 20 yards of him.

The biggest issues we have is the total lack of pace in the team and the lack of mobility in midfield, trotter and spearing as a pair will never work.

Dale did their homework, had a plan, exploited our weaknesses and nullified our few strengths. Even the over-watering of the pitch worked to a tee, our lot couldn't control the pace of a pass all night on it and it led to the goal; their lad wouldn't have got to the ball the second time if Wheater hadn't slipped on his arse.

One up for Keith Hill, did a job on us.

Didn't like the singling out of Taylor for dog's abuse, he's a non-signing and not even League 1 standard but there were plenty of others who were rank bad on the night.

Can't get how we've so many with such a weak mentality though, it was like watching England, having big vociferous support wasn't an asset to them last night, half of them looked like they'd rather we weren't there as it was creating too much pressure on them to shape themselves