Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

. . . My Mother In Law . . .

madthatter

I'll use the word genius for Les Dawson, his lugubrious delivery and brilliant use of language put him head and shoulders above his peers, and as has been rightly pointed out his influence is huge. His mother-in-law jokes were delivered with his tongue fixed firmly in his cheek, he basically subverted the genre.

• Members

At the risk of sounding like Bernard Manning what's the crack with 'em?!

I have a 2 week old baby and each time she's round, which is frequently, she basically insinuates I do fook all - 'well, could he not do this . . . could he not do that . . ?'

Bar growing a pair of milking tits I really don't see what else I can do . . . it's getting right on my . . . er  . . . tits :)

Is this the norm?  'cos she's going the right way for a massive kick in the fanny if this carries on!

To paraphrase a Traf special, they're all cunts. Think they know best when, in my case, they were used to fucking war rations and thought owt with sugar in was a must for kids. Drove my missus fucking potty with it so when the offer came to migrate with work, missus was all for it. 

both my inlaws are smarmy uber c#nts... forever telling the kids to ask their mum despite me being a matter of feet away- forever 'noooo daddy'. f#cking know it alls, but numb as f#ck; Brentford is in Essex, a 15 year old bottle of whiskey that has been on his shelf for ten years is a 25 year old malt...

passively aggressive too- ashamed to say I was ironing one or two garments, much to her amusement and delight. this turns into them berating each other at my expense- 'eh look, Dave can iron- why cant you?'

can he do the electrics, plumbing, diy- no.

meanwhile I want them to just f#ck off anywhere

they like to think they are poor Yorkshire folk done good, arrogance oozing in their voice, with their second home and early retirement plans... yet 15 years ago he was given a car after his proton exploded

any little in vogue past time they have to be the masters of; yankee candles, poker, cheese boards, card making... always keeping up with the jones's- I get a kindle, he gets a firestick, I get a tv, he gets a bigger one...

I took youngest to his first Salford match, he and his bother in law tagged along on a freebie and kept his hands in his pockets whilst I got the beers in. the c#nt then starts cheering for the opposition, and tries to get young un to do the same.

fast forward 12 months and he is now Salford's biggest fan, with every shirt under the sun...

I genuinely could go one... one of those guys if you say you need something, he will argue the toss

starts his response with 'noo'

f#ck off, just f#ck off

other than that they're fine

both my inlaws are smarmy uber c#nts... forever telling the kids to ask their mum despite me being a matter of feet away- forever 'noooo daddy'. f#cking know it alls, but numb as f#ck; Brentford is in Essex, a 15 year old bottle of whiskey that has been on his shelf for ten years is a 25 year old malt...

passively aggressive too- ashamed to say I was ironing one or two garments, much to her amusement and delight. this turns into them berating each other at my expense- 'eh look, Dave can iron- why cant you?'

can he do the electrics, plumbing, diy- no.

meanwhile I want them to just f#ck off anywhere

they like to think they are poor Yorkshire folk done good, arrogance oozing in their voice, with their second home and early retirement plans... yet 15 years ago he was given a car after his proton exploded

any little in vogue past time they have to be the masters of; yankee candles, poker, cheese boards, card making... always keeping up with the jones's- I get a kindle, he gets a firestick, I get a tv, he gets a bigger one...

I took youngest to his first Salford match, he and his bother in law tagged along on a freebie and kept his hands in his pockets whilst I got the beers in. the c#nt then starts cheering for the opposition, and tries to get young un to do the same.

fast forward 12 months and he is now Salford's biggest fan, with every shirt under the sun...

I genuinely could go one... one of those guys if you say you need something, he will argue the toss

starts his response with 'noo'

f#ck off, just f#ck off

other than that they're fine

they're getting their woods and fords mixed up. Easy done to be fair