Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New Cycle Track

C86

Isn't it just a dog shit covered swamp full of breightmet ferals getting smacked off their tits and finger blasted after a session on the plant food?

Yes

The cycle track can only be good for what is arguably Boltons most deprived area

Strike my previous remarks, I thought it was sited elsewhere.

It's nice on the eye that part of Leverhulme, I'd equate it to the grassy area of Moss Bank near Barrow Bridge, OK it's a bit boggy and doesn't get used much apart from dogwalking, football and rounders, but there's not much in the way of just greenery for greenery's sake in this town. Bolton Council seem obsessed with building on green areas when there's hectares of shithole land in the borough.

In front of Le Mans is another example.

There was an event on Leverhulme t'other week, loads of sad wankers with thousands worth of kit and kids...Their vests had their clubs on, some from fucking miles away.

In essence I reckon' it's a bag o shite that'll cater for few locals and outsiders.

Last point, when it's out of vogue (cycling) and the facility is dilapidated in a few years what then? A fucking bombsite probably - then some slight of hand jiggery-pokery et voila, houses (those shit six storey pent roof flat blocks probably).

Edited by Youri McAnespie

I pass through that area loads, in actual reality...

It's quiet as the grave on Leverhulme at night.

I dunno where kids do their street drinking these days but it ain't on there.

Why are kids who live in areas like Farnworth or Breightmet always assumed to be feral an' all, they're not.

As someone who was born in Breightmet, grew up in the Town Centre before moving to Deane for his teenage years and is now living in Halliwell - I'd wholeheartedly agree with you! :-)

• Site Supporter

The money would be better spent on linking up current cycle ways, like middle brook trail through town to the one to bury. There are other old rail lines that could be converted too. Allowing more folk to safely access different areas of town by bike would be more useful.

What is the worst area in Bolton then

I know fuck all about the place. Know my way to Si Robbys old house, my aunites in harwood, my grandad's old gaff in farnworth and that's your lot.

Folk always mention Johnny Fow?

Edited by gonzo

What is the worst area in Bolton then

I know fuck all about the place. Know my way to Si Robbys old house, my aunites in harwood, my grandad's old gaff in farnworth and that's your lot.

Folk always mention Johnny Fow?

Boltons all shit only BL6 is nice :) to answer your question seriously I think every area in B town has its good and bad but it isnt a patch on any of the areas I work in, in north Manchester imo