Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Drinking On Antibiotics

Spider

• Site Supporter

I've never been given antibiotics before, but thanks to a wisdom tooth that wants to relocate to another pet of my skull, I've been given some called Metrodinazole.

Dentist then pipes up "no alcohol"

I argued that this antibiotics/no alcohol thing was surely just an urban legend and I'd be fine to have a few beers.

She insisted that this particular type means I might die if I mix them.

Google is inconclusive, though it seems to be highly probable that a heart attack could be in the mix.

Can the WWays collective provide some advice. Preferably an assurance that I can open a bottle of red and still be alive tomorrow.

Thanks

I've never been given antibiotics before, but thanks to a wisdom tooth that wants to relocate to another pet of my skull, I've been given some called Metrodinazole.

Dentist then pipes up "no alcohol"

I argued that this antibiotics/no alcohol thing was surely just an urban legend and I'd be fine to have a few beers.

She insisted that this particular type means I might die if I mix them.

Google is inconclusive, though it seems to be highly probable that a heart attack could be in the mix.

Can the WWays collective provide some advice. Preferably an assurance that I can open a bottle of red and still be alive tomorrow.

Thanks

What a load of bollocks.

Stop being a puff and open the red.

PS - Was the female dentist fit ?

I told her to sort me out and make feel better.

So she charged me £30 and stopped me drinking for a week.

She's officially no longer my type.

I do believe the dentists up your way prefer a sex scandal don't they ?

Wasn't the said wench from Rochdale but now practice manager at your village's main dental place ?

• Site Supporter

I do believe the dentists up your way prefer a sex scandal don't they ?

Wasn't the said wench from Rochdale but now practice manager at your village's main dental place ?

I go to one Silverwell St

As much as I love Horwich, I'm not ready for a dentist who still buys dental equipment at agricultural shows.

• Site Supporter

Tell her you sup after a mountain of Tramadol and anti biotics are what homosexuals take in temperence bars

If you wake up in a lake of your own piss it's got fuck all to do with me

Good enough for me.

Pop.

A friend from teenage days became a dentist.

An alcoholic one. He died at 65 and the comedian priest sprinkled his coffin with real ale.

Unfortunately he is no longer available to pass an opinion on the matter, but it is fair to say he would have been unbiased.

When I was a bit younger, I went to Las Americas with this girl, she was on anti biotics at the time, I told her she'd be fine, we ended up in Veronicas and she went missing for a while, when she came back she said we were going. Once outside it turned out she had shit herself and had to throw her knickers behind the womens toilets

To my surprise, I married her

Just goes to show that you should never marry anybody who shites themself

A friend from teenage days became a dentist.

An alcoholic one. He died at 65 and the comedian priest sprinkled his coffin with real ale.

Unfortunately he is no longer available to pass an opinion on the matter, but it is fair to say he would have been unbiased.

Was the ale Cavverty's ?

Metrodinazole

And Malc..... I don't know what to say

I honestly wouldn't.

I was on these when I had an abscess the other month.

Did 4 days on em then thought I was nails and drank on em. Ended up throwing my ring up and feeling like I was coming up off an E.

The whole antibiotics/alcohol urban myth was caused by one antibiotic - metronidazole

The reaction between the two helped with the development of Antabuse to stop alcoholics drinking - Antabuse isn't metronidazole but Google it if you're sad/lonely/at a loose end/a nerd

In theory (and extreme cases) it can cause some pretty fatal side-effects including death 

In reality it is more than likely to cause some pretty unpleasant side-effects. The problem here is that if you shit the bed or spray paint your surroundings with the contents of your stomach then you are more than likely to be including some of the antibiotic in the output, therefore rendering it useless and leaving the infection to spread

Personally, I would either not drink or ask for a different antibiotic

Sensible advice warning. I maybe need to join another BWFC forum