Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Another Wanderer Gone

bwfc2003

Some of you older heads may know Dave Jackson who succumbed to that bastard desease, Followed Wanderers home and away since the sixties.

RIP Dave

DAVE JACKSON 26th October 2016. Life-long BWFC fan since early 60's. Home and away, Pre-Season, Cup, abroad - you name it and Dave was there. Season ticket holder for 50 years. NatWest Bank employee in local branches from 1970 until 3 years ago. Domino player in local leagues for many years. Died after short battle with very aggressive brain tumour. Service will take place at Overdale, West Chapel on Wednesday 9th November at 11am. Wanderers fans feel free to wear Bolton tops.

5644084.jpg?type=bmddisplay

Published in The Bolton News on 3 days ago

Last time I saw him he'd just fell down a flight of escalators in Munich on the way to the ground. Was pretty shaken and everyone was trying to help him. He wouldn't sit down as he wanted to make kick off.

Seen him all over watching the whites.

RIP fella

Knew DJ for many, many years & I think it's fair to say he could be a bit prickly & I got on better with the others, Dave, John & Trev. 

In recent years though, Dave seemed to have mellowed & you could talk to him sensibly, & he was clued up on train/travel stuff which i'm always interested in.

Sad news. RIP

Can't remember which match but he was walking around the side of the pitch with what looked like a medic earlier this season.

Knew him well enough to talk too if our paths should cross at away matches. Always had the same deadpan look and sense of humour. Could never read if he was being serious or having a laugh; so i played it safe and hovered around the middle ground.

Sad to hear of his passing.

RIP Dave, a face I knew well from away trips across the country, Pompey and Southampton being two that immediately spring to mind. At Southampton he was chasing my mate CS around the pub for previous misdemeanours! While you didn't want to get on the wrong side of him he was a proper old school character, and a Wanderer through and through. Sad day.

Recognise him from away days. Whenevet I saw him, he was always up for a scrap with anyone. RIP Wanderer.

No think you have mixed him up with someone =- he would argue the toss with anyone until the cows came home, but wouldnt get involved in a scrap at all

Very recognisable face and presence.

When I was a kid I he was one of them that you always saw. Usually with another bloke with grey hair

Then I the last few years they were never together; I think it was Cas off here that told me how they'd fallen out

Used to see him regularly on the concourse of WSU too.

RIP big fella