Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Another Wanderer Gone

bwfc2003

• Moderators

Knew DJ for many, many years & I think it's fair to say he could be a bit prickly & I got on better with the others, Dave, John & Trev. 

In recent years though, Dave seemed to have mellowed & you could talk to him sensibly, & he was clued up on train/travel stuff which i'm always interested in.

Sad news. RIP

John & Trev bollocks

(RIP)

• Site Supporter

We (anthill mob) have known him for years, as people have said he could fall out with himself. Still a good bloke though. He fell out with his mates in either Munich or Lisbon , pity as they were mates for a long time.

I hope a few off here can attend his funeral. Unfortunately I am away.

RIP.

On behalf of all Dave's mates thank you all for your kind comments. Dave was a character and did at times fall out with people but was reconciled with all his mates by the end. His last game was Sheff Utd on 6 August which is when he had to be treated by the medics. He was admitted to hospital on 19 August and never came out. The Fleetwood game on August 20 was the 1st home game he had missed in over 50 years. If anyone would like to attend his funeral please come along, no dark colours,please wear your Wanderers shirts. RIP Dave

Remember DJ from when I went regularly to the away games in the early 80's and everybody knew each other..

As many have said, he was a cantankerous old duffer, but still a very loyal Wanderer and one of us. Characters like Dave help make our club unique.

Sleep well pal.

Remember first time I met him I was in my teens in the early 80s and somehow ended up sitting next to him on the supporters club coach he told me a joke I'd heard before about Imre Varadi and Oliver hardy to which I didn't laugh at, he said laugh or I'll break your legs, I didn't take it serious and don't think it was ment seriously just thought he was a quirky character but despite his size he wasn't threatening in my eyes. RIP fella.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Very sad news. I have known Dave on and off for over 30 years. First met him through work at NatWest Bolton and then other Branches including the Lending Centre in Manchester. Of course used to see him regularly at Bolton games both home and away. It's fair to say he was a character and one on his own. He also had a very good sense of humour on occasions. Will certainly be missed. Sleep well.