Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 2 Millwall 0

zurichwhite

I'm having a new name for motm

Andrew Taylor gets better and better

Proper professional job done, today

Menrtions for the keeper whose kicking was faultless and Vela who ran about a lot causing no end of problems

Glad I'm not the only one to notice Taylor today. Got through his work, offers an outlet and kept their wide man quiet.

Granted Alnwick had little to do, but he took care of what he had to do and the willingness to give him the ball suggests that the back four have plenty of faith in him which is encouraging.

Thought I was quids in with 2-0 @ 14/1

Then thought they were generous odds

Checked my slip and turns out I put it on Millwall to win 2-0 by mistake

Cunt

Told BWFC_Love to put the same bet on for me and he did exactly the same. Was arguing with him that it was only 9/1 until he realised

• Site Supporter

Madine battered them? We were watching something completely different

He was poor. Won a few battles, lost some. Doesn't move enough and show for the ball and poor control again. Clough didn't have his best game but still moved and ran at folk and won the corner for the second.

Taylor was getting pelters from behind me, never goes forward that lad, always backwards. To be fair the bloke also hates us knocking it round at the bank and as soon as Derik punts it forward says good ball even though got nowhere near Madine.

Really comfortable today I thought even with a couple of key players out, very impressed and like the way we knocked the ball around and the first goal came after good spell of possession. Vela edged motm for me today.

Good performance today. Bit of a slow start but after the first ten minutes we dominated. Don't think our keeper had a save to make.

Taylor was very good today.

Ameobi had a spell where he was running rings round them.

Vela man of the match though. Great goal and none stop running.

So pleased to win, another 3 points on Tuesday a must. We're in the race!

Met 3 German lads on the bus home who had been at the game and wanted a pub to go in so took them on a tour of town to Hogarths. Civic duty done.

Edited by Marc505

He might not have won the headers or scored but their number 17 will be sore tomorrow.

Not convinced with that at all.

For me he still hides a bit and is often not pre-empting situations and balls through enough.

That said he's our best bet up top if we play Sammy and Clough without a doubt.

• Site Supporter

We get beat madine gets it, we win and people still pick at him

People just offering their opinion. We won deservedly but it doesn't mean we shouldn't discuss areas for improvement if there are any. You may feel Madine played well and that's fine. We all see things differently.

We get beat madine gets it, we win and people still pick at him[/quote

Not from me, he's had praise when he's made himself a handful (which he has on a fair few occasions this season) but, although he occupied their centre back to an extent today he did it just by standing still, ducking and waiting for ref to give a foul. Nowhere near enough movement, either to show for the ball or drag the centre back about and make space. Clough worked much harder and was a much bigger nuisance

• Site Supporter

Vela was superb today, like to see him given a free role more often (or at least an attacking role)

Spearing back was the biggest plus though, and impressed with Andy Taylor.

Two from that top 5 to go up automatic IMO, if we end up in play offs, then I'd fancy our chances.

What's up with Wheater?