Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Elite Posters Music Thread

Spider

That second album was only a disappointment my comparison. If 90% of indie bands had released it it would have been their finest hour. Still some great tunes on it - but their first was magical. The right people at the right time under the right circumstances producing something much greater than the sum of its parts.

I'd also argue that some of Ian Brown's solo stuff is worth mentioning in the same breath. Some of it is utter genius.

Love loads of Brown’s solos

Them 2 Roses tracks a couple of years back - the first was shocking, the second was great; it sounded more like. brown solo effort to me

Will always love the Roses me

Love Ian Brown. Stellify was my wedding dance song. The sooner he gets back to doing solo the better. Anyone heard anything?

The Roses were great while it all lasted. 2nd album was decent - but came too late after the first. I'd got married and had a nipper on the way in-between albums!! And Bolton had gone from being a nothing team to being on the verge of Premiership football and a major cup final at Wembley - the first in 37 years! So things had seriously changed since those balmy Madchester evenings!

• Site Supporter

Love Ian Brown. Stellify was my wedding dance song. The sooner he gets back to doing solo the better. Anyone heard anything?

The Roses were great while it all lasted. 2nd album was decent - but came too late after the first. I'd got married and had a nipper on the way in-between albums!! And Bolton had gone from being a nothing team to being on the verge of Premiership football and a major cup final at Wembley - the first in 37 years! So things had seriously changed since those balmy Madchester evenings!

He’s got a new album out next year. I know the bloke who’s doing some of the artwork.

A Maximum High was one the best albums of the 90s

What a time to be alive

Now you're talking!

The Britpop era was a great time. Loads of great guitar bands popping up everywhere. Most were gone in no time but some of the individual tracks and albums they left behind will always be on my play lists

• Moderators

Now you're talking!

The Britpop era was a great time. Loads of great guitar bands popping up everywhere. Most were gone in no time but some of the individual tracks and albums they left behind will always be on my play lists

Aye

The Shine compilations were always a good listen and seemed to be released every other week so during that period

Walked past Ian Brown last week.

Gave him an 'alright mate' raise of the eyebrows. He gave me a little 'leave me the fuck alone' nod of the head.

I had the same about 6 years ago in the arndale in manc. He was with his kid of about 11 so I wasn't going to go over anyway.

He looked like any other Manc scrote shopping in the arndale.

He’s got a new album out next year. I know the bloke who’s doing some of the artwork.

Heard that loads of the album has been recorded for ages, he did most while roses were pissing about.

Made up to see browny tour again, love his live shows.

someone has done a Spotify playlist of all the compilations 1-10, which was nice of them

https://open.spotify.com/user/sillylittleman/playlist/6GsPJLqf1dXQVwJgecHQMN?si=tFBGwjkFQaOA2FbSrJlsGg

I’m a sad git that owns all 10 plus the shine best of release. Had about half and bought the ones I didn’t have for a quid a cd on eBay a few years ago.

Shine 3 is the daddy though, everyone owned that one.

Oasis shit all over Blur for me. Out of every Oasis album released, if I was counting songs I don’t like on my fingers, I’d still have a couple left. My favourite band of all time, and it’s not even close.

Can’t wait for Browny to start touring solo again though, his solo material is fantastic and he doesn’t need to play any of the Roses stuff as he’s got more than enough quality stuff on his own. Golden Gaze, Keep What Ya Got, The World Is Yours, Dolphins were Monkeys and Marathon Man are personal favourites.

Oasis shit all over Blur for me. Out of every Oasis album released, if I was counting songs I don’t like on my fingers, I’d still have a couple left. My favourite band of all time, and it’s not even close.

Can’t wait for Browny to start touring solo again though, his solo material is fantastic and he doesn’t need to play any of the Roses stuff as he’s got more than enough quality stuff on his own. Golden Gaze, Keep What Ya Got, The World Is Yours, Dolphins were Monkeys and Marathon Man are personal favourites.

Stellify, Longsight M13, Sister Rose, Sweet Fantastic, Forever & a Day, Shadow of a Saint, My Star, Just Like You, etc, etc.

• Moderators

Blur were always going to win, Country House was a proper catchy indie pop song whereas Roll With It was one of their weakest singles releases, and not just off that album

had they gone head to head with Whatever, Wonderwall or Don't Look Back in Anger, it will have been a different story

that said, Wonderwall was kept off the number one spot by Robson and Jerome, so who knows