Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Elite Posters Music Thread

Spider

55 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

just watched Verve at Haigh Hall- my first proper gig 20 years ago... don't think I appreciated how good they were; now listening to a storm in heaven... awesome

all stemmed from thinking RA sounds like Neil Diamond on his latest track; almost unrecognisable from then

Read a review of his latest album

Short of saying 'Utter shite' it wasn't very complementary

4 hours ago, Dr Faustus said:

just watched Verve at Haigh Hall- my first proper gig 20 years ago... don't think I appreciated how good they were; now listening to a storm in heaven... awesome

all stemmed from thinking RA sounds like Neil Diamond on his latest track; almost unrecognisable from then

My memory of that gig was the sound being awful....and Beck being shiiite

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Smiley said:

Long overdue, Raconteurs got a third album out next year. Yeah!!

Giving Brendan Benson a spin on Spotify today.

not been to a gig since this time last year, but I'd come out of retirement for that - seem to recall they didn't do Manc for their last album, so they'd better show up this time

44 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

not been to a gig since this time last year, but I'd come out of retirement for that - seem to recall they didn't do Manc for their last album, so they'd better show up this time

They only played 2 UK gigs - London and Liverpool. First time I'd ever used Ebay. Turned up in Liverpool expecting it to be a scam. Gig was feckin' awesome!

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/10/2018 at 12:27, Smiley said:

Ride doing an acoustic 30th anniversary show at RNCM in December. Think I'm in for that one. Not done a gig there before.

It's taken me most out my adult life. But yesterday I figured out how to play 'Vapour Trail' on the guitar! - for such a simple sounding song it's awkward as fuck! :)

1 hour ago, kent_white said:

It's taken me most out my adult life. But yesterday I figured out how to play 'Vapour Trail' on the guitar! - for such a simple sounding song it's awkward as fuck! :)

Aye, I cracked it a couple of years back. Would never have managed without Youtube

It's a fecker

2 hours ago, kent_white said:

Get into the back catalogue. Especially 'Pretty Pimping' which is genius! 

And if you haven't already heard the - his old band 'The War on Drugs' are tremendous! 

Pretty pimping is epic.

He's ace

There's an ace Pretty pimping tutorial on youtube if you're interested. Almost cracked it

Edited by mickbrown

10 hours ago, mickbrown said:

Pretty pimping is epic.

He's ace

There's an ace Pretty pimping tutorial on youtube if you're interested. Almost cracked it

I think we must watch the same videos!

Found Pretty Pimpin hard because I'm not great at finger picking - but I can do a rough approximation :)

Singing it at the same time is beyond me though! 

• 4 weeks later...