Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Elite Posters Music Thread

Spider

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

For the 1st time, I’ve listened to The Courteeners this morning - very Coldplayish in that they are band everyone seems to like but I just didn’t get it at all.

ill stick to Luke Combs

He's just been on radio 2s country show

26 minutes ago, Smiley said:

No trains into Manchester from where we live! Taxi companies playing hardball - none of them want to drive into the city!

Not surprised. I did that same journey myself last Saturday evening : awful, mate.

The cab would be out of service for far longer than the fare is worth.

Def Leppard were amazing. Not a big fan, but played Hysteria in full. Sounded really polished, a bit too perfect at times... Encore was out of this world, a little 'edgier' if you will, in that it was a little heavier.

Some absolute rock party tunes, and When Love & Hate Collide took me back to being a lovestruck pubescent teen-ager with anger issues... Beautiful!

Never thought I'd see Gareth Gates perform Unchained Melody and Def Leppard smash Let's Get Rocked on consecutive nights!!!

Oh yeah, panto is mint this year; if a little Corrie centric

On 08/12/2018 at 00:29, Naytch said:

Got myself a free ticket for James and Charlatans tomorrow from a mate who’s missus is ill, can’t wait!

Never got around to saying how disappointing I thought James were. Or rather how disappointing the set list was. 

Full tour next year to promote the new album and play random old songs for the die hards. Make sense.

Felt like a gig at the Arena just before Xmas with a mixture of both James & Charlatans fans - more of a greatest hits set with a couple of catchy newer ones was in order.

Things seemed to meander along. Watched folk around me looking both clueless and bored. Missed some classics. And was lucky to squeeze in Sometimes at the end - past the curfew. Presume they get fined. Would have been a shocker to have not ended with it. 

No doubt Mr Hunt will have other views (but may get where I’m coming from).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 25/10/2018 at 12:06, Smiley said:

Long overdue, Raconteurs got a third album out next year. Yeah!!

Giving Brendan Benson a spin on Spotify today.

2 new songs on spotify 

1 of them very decent - "now that you're gone"