Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Elite Posters Music Thread

Spider

• Members
18 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Dogrel (Fontaines DC) is definitely up there for me, Sleaford Mods as well. Been loads of other good stuff out as well, might throw The Skints in with Swimming Lessons (hopefully will see them as they are supporting The Interrupters), Billie Eilish is a bit of a guilty one as well.

Kids have had a belting year with shit like Dave, Aitch, AJ Tracey that I've had on because of my commute, some of it I really don't like but a lot of it is really well done.

Anyone got any gigs lined up or a wishlist to see in 2020?

Hoping to see Stormzy if he tours. Specials, Nile Rodgers, The Strangles are the usual the suspects who I go to see nearly every time they tour.

Wanted to do Glastonbury for again but take the sprog with us but didn’t get tickets.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd plunder Spotify for some new tunes - decided a good starting point would be the line-up for the Neighbourhood Weekender.

First up Pale Wales. Lasted 3 songs. Sounded like a shitty Taylor Swift.

Second up (and currently still playing) are The Sherlocks. Bit of a Courteeners rip-off. But will give them time.

Will take a look at Murder Capital and Inhaler after that.

• Members
2 hours ago, Spider said:

I’ve tried really hard down the years, and have him another chance this afternoon, but there’s no denying that Bob Dylan is the most over rated artist of all time.

Great songwriter terrible singer 

2 hours ago, Spider said:

And RIP Neil Peart.

The greatest drummer there will ever be. Ever.

Mitch Mitchell, Jon Bonham & John Densmore for me

On 12/01/2020 at 19:27, Spider said:

I’ve tried really hard down the years, and have him another chance this afternoon, but there’s no denying that Bob Dylan is the most over rated artist of all time.

My favourite artist of all time - love every era - even the 80s stuff with Jokerman etc Currently listening to a lot of the Rolling Thunder Review bootleg, amazing stuff as his the Gaslight album.

The Larna Del Ray album Norman Fucking Rockwell is superb, as is the new Richard Dawson - Jogging is a genius song. Also, Thee Oh Sees latest, Face Stabber continues their greatness; hopefully off to watch them this year.

• Members
8 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

My favourite artist of all time - love every era - even the 80s stuff with Jokerman etc Currently listening to a lot of the Rolling Thunder Review bootleg, amazing stuff as his the Gaslight album.

The Larna Del Ray album Norman Fucking Rockwell is superb, as is the new Richard Dawson - Jogging is a genius song. Also, Thee Oh Sees latest, Face Stabber continues their greatness; hopefully off to watch them this year.

She’s brilliant. Really brilliant. I bet she’d drink a pint of mild as well. Classy bird 

• Members
On 13/01/2020 at 03:28, Spider said:

And RIP Neil Peart.

The greatest drummer there will ever be. Ever.

Fucking hell. Ginger Baker was a great but not coloured with the absolute greats (Gene Krupa and the inimitable Buddy Rich).

You kids. Sheesh!

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, bolty58 said:

Fucking hell. Ginger Baker was a great but not coloured with the absolute greats (Gene Krupa and the inimitable Buddy Rich).

You kids. Sheesh!

Peart did a duet with Ginger Baker once. Quite honestly Peart just looked a bit bored as thy went head-to-head.

Not that Baker was bad, by any stretch. But Peart was the drummers drummer. Peerless in terms of ability and  technique.

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Naytch said:

Ticket booked to watch Monster Magnet in Leeds next week, 3rd time of seeing them. Playing the Powertrip album in full for its 25th anniversary, cracking live band. 

That’ll be epic

Wyndorf is from another planet.

3 hours ago, Naytch said:

Ticket booked to watch Monster Magnet in Leeds next week, 3rd time of seeing them. Playing the Powertrip album in full for its 25th anniversary, cracking live band. 

No way is powertrip 25! Fuck I'm getting old!

Remember getting a bollocking off me mum for buying a 'Spacelord Mother Fucker' t-shirt.

• Members
17 hours ago, Spider said:

Peart did a duet with Ginger Baker once. Quite honestly Peart just looked a bit bored as thy went head-to-head.

Not that Baker was bad, by any stretch. But Peart was the drummers drummer. Peerless in terms of ability and  technique.

None is so blind as a ginger who will not see.

Buddy Rich mate. Daylight second.