Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Elite Posters Music Thread

Spider

On 03/03/2020 at 10:58, ZicoKelly said:

just had a look at the line up, I hope this means Rage Against The Machine fancy doing a tour of their own

I'd pay good money to see that

Saw them in their Prophets of Rage guise with Chuck D and B-Real fronting at the Academy last August. Think the tickets were about £50ish with booking fee. Was fucking brilliant! 

• Site Supporter
54 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Time for some true 'elite' methinks.

I lived in Malibu for 12 months from 1981/2.

My Mrs said 'Oh, Jan (her colleague) has asked if we want to go for Christmas dinner to hers'.

I told her that would be fine & asked about Jan's other half.

My Mrs said that he was a musician & was called Booker.

My jaw dropped  when she said that he was really famous & had made some 'hit records'.

It was, indeed, Booker T & he was one of the nicest guys that I have ever met & I still can't believe that I shared a turkey with the maestro.

Great memories.

5 months later & I was being arrested for being a wetback, Booker would've disowned me. 😲

What have people got on while they are WFH ?

I can usually work along to anything but am needing something a bit more sort of background noise this week.

I've done a couple of my Daily Mix on Spotify but they were distracting me so just done the full The Comet Is Coming LP and  Full Moon Over The Shopping Mall which has done the job beautifully but it's not 11 o'clock yet.

I could put summat I know on but any suggestions for full LPs that might fit the bill, any genre, will be welcome.

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

What have people got on while they are WFH ?

I can usually work along to anything but am needing something a bit more sort of background noise this week.

I've done a couple of my Daily Mix on Spotify but they were distracting me so just done the full The Comet Is Coming LP and  Full Moon Over The Shopping Mall which has done the job beautifully but it's not 11 o'clock yet.

I could put summat I know on but any suggestions for full LPs that might fit the bill, any genre, will be welcome.

Been listening to Diana Krall - Love Scenes this morning.

giphy.gif

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Spider said:

Put some links to the best ones would you please?

loads of metallica here

https://www.google.com/search?q=metallica+8d&oq=metallica+8d&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i61l2.2737j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

loads on spotify

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2ULLEdMWHTYLEhNbaclKwS?si=0AlIHikxRCGqgW7kDvggiQ

just search "8D"

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

One of my favourite ever covers;

Always end up dancing around waving my arms like a chicken to the chorus for some unfathomable reason

had no idea it was a cover

• Members
On 27/03/2020 at 16:26, Steejay said:

I lived in Malibu for 12 months from 1981/2.

My Mrs said 'Oh, Jan (her colleague) has asked if we want to go for Christmas dinner to hers'.

I told her that would be fine & asked about Jan's other half.

My Mrs said that he was a musician & was called Booker.

My jaw dropped  when she said that he was really famous & had made some 'hit records'.

It was, indeed, Booker T & he was one of the nicest guys that I have ever met & I still can't believe that I shared a turkey with the maestro.

Great memories.

5 months later & I was being arrested for being a wetback, Booker would've disowned me. 😲

Mightily impressed Steejay. Time is Tight ;)

• Site Supporter
On 27/03/2020 at 10:46, frank_spencer said:

New Die Antwoord album out means I'm back listening to their older stuff too. Such a bonkers pair but belting tunes.

Kinell, that's mad!

Loved it though, cheers!