Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Elite Posters Music Thread

Spider

21 hours ago, Smiley said:

Closed the box office at 7.30 so we missed out. He did PM my Mrs to apologise and said to join him next weekend. 

They had some technical problems at the start which delayed it all but he's a goodun is Clint. I'll raise a virtual Red Stripe to you across the smoky dance floor next week!

• Members
26 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

today I shall be going through the full radiohead discography in order

currently enjoying Pablo Honey

I want to be in a band when I get to heaven

Bloody hell mate I like Radiohead but the full discography? id be sat on the m61 bridge waiting for a gust of wind

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Bloody hell mate I like Radiohead but the full discography? id be sat on the m61 bridge waiting for a gust of wind

the day I do Nick Cave is the day that I will "turn"

speaking of which, was due to see him on May 6th at the arena, just had email to say it will now be 21st April, 2021 - thats fucking ages away 😞

• Site Supporter

Hard to pick a Radiohead album as favourite.

The Bends is truly remarkable, but the subtlety of Hail to the Thief and King of Limbs is amazing.

I will always love Kid A. Not just for the massive gear change but because it was genuinely 10 years ahead of its time.

Might do the same tomorrow.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Spider said:

Hard to pick a Radiohead album as favourite.

The Bends is truly remarkable, but the subtlety of Hail to the Thief and King of Limbs is amazing.

I will always love Kid A. Not just for the massive gear change but because it was genuinely 10 years ahead of its time.

Might do the same tomorrow.

I think maybe the Bends just edges it over OK Computer for me

I've played those two albums to death other the years

enjoyed Kid A through to Hail To The Thieft, but never really gave anything after that much time to be honest, not sure why, I didn't go off them, I just found it a bit samey

anyway, that could all change today, the musical voyage of discovery never ends

over the next few days I intend to do the back catalogues for:

- Faith No More
- Nick Cave (and the bad seeds)
- Rage Against The Machine
- Prince (might take a while, might stop when he changes his name back to Prince)
- Pixies
- Supergrass
- Foos
- QOTSA

• Members

Rage is a good discography to listen to but you might end up forming a militia 

Nick Cave I’ve never fully delved into night give him a go

Im bias but everything Prince has done I’m a fan of

Foos I like their heavier stuff but overall tip top

Big fan of supergrass

Dont know a lot of the pixies 

QOTSA will be get an invite to my shed

Ok computer best Radiohead album for me. 

This week I shall mostly be listening to

Neil Young’s discography 

The Doors discography (best band ever) 

Stevie Wonders discography up until Part time lover then I’m out.

40 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

the day I do Nick Cave is the day that I will "turn"

speaking of which, was due to see him on May 6th at the arena, just had email to say it will now be 21st April, 2021 - thats fucking ages away 😞

Nick Cave’s last two albums have been stunning. 

Today gone back and had a listen to Tom Waits, My Morning Jacket and finally John Prine (RIP)

• Site Supporter

I'm doing a fair bit of The Fall inbetween bouts of introspective self pity.

Always kinda liked them but the older i get, the more they grow on me.

There's a lot to get through.

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Nick Cave I’ve never fully delved into night give him a go

I'd heard of him but never given him much of a listen till i stumbled across him doing Glastonbury in 2013

enjoyed it so dabbled with his albums - and got one of those "where has this been all my life" type revelations, though I would never have appreciated him back in the 90s like I do now

since become an obsessive fanboy including doing his books and that and went to see him for the first time in Brooklyn for my 40th

he's definitely an acquired taste but some of his more bluesy stuff is tip top

he's also pointed me in the direction of PJ Harvey, who I never fancied but am starting to again think I've been missing out all this time

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Nick Cave’s last two albums have been stunning. 

he's definitely taken a left turn since Push The Sky Away (my favorite of his last 3 albums), almost unrecognizable from his earlier stuff, which is a good thing

• Members
38 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

I'd heard of him but never given him much of a listen till i stumbled across him doing Glastonbury in 2013

enjoyed it so dabbled with his albums - and got one of those "where has this been all my life" type revelations, though I would never have appreciated him back in the 90s like I do now

since become an obsessive fanboy including doing his books and that and went to see him for the first time in Brooklyn for my 40th

he's definitely an acquired taste but some of his more bluesy stuff is tip top

he's also pointed me in the direction of PJ Harvey, who I never fancied but am starting to again think I've been missing out all this time

Yeah I like PJ Harvey, I’m a fan of Zero 7 as well.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Yeah I like PJ Harvey, I’m a fan of Zero 7 as well.

I keep meaning to go back and delve into the trip hop I was never really into back in the day - Portishead, Sneaker Pimps, Massive Attack etc - never into it at the time but sounds great these days

oh and I forgot Nine Inch Nails from the back catalogue list, there's only them and RATM I've not seen live - one day, I hope, when all this is over, both will tour again

• Members
12 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

I keep meaning to go back and delve into the trip hop I was never really into back in the day - Portishead, Sneaker Pimps, Massive Attack etc - never into it at the time but sounds great these days

oh and I forgot Nine Inch Nails from the back catalogue list, there's only them and RATM I've not seen live - one day, I hope, when all this is over, both will tour again

Love massive attack, Tricky as well. Weirdly massive attack got me into Radiohead, and opened a whole world of alternative music. 
Massive Attack were extremely underwhelming when I saw them live.