Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Elite Posters Music Thread

Spider

• Members
1 minute ago, deane koontz said:

i've not, no. Anygood?

Yeah it’s made by Donald Glover aka Childish Gambino. 
really funny really well written and has an amazing soundtrack. That’s where I heard that song 

On 13/05/2020 at 21:07, L/H White said:

paul heaton and jacqui abbot postponed until next year, was really looking forward to that one

You posted a Spotify playlist recently; how is that done?

Been listening to loads of cheesy American rock on a Friday night with alcohol after Clint Boon’s Disco Revenge. 
Alanis, Staind, Puddle of Mud, Maroon 5, Black Crowes, RHCP, Foos to name a few. 
Outside and It’s Been Awhile both by Staind are fast becoming our lockdown anthems. 

• Members

Said this on here before but had a listen to The Clash

I collect vinyl records and my dad cleared some out and he gave me some of his old ones.

He gave me London Calling which he’s had since he was a teenager.

He text me saying

”I’ve dropped you some records off and I’m finally letting you have my clash record. Now do me a favour, look after it, I didn’t have a lot of money as a kid, and I saved and saved for that and when I finally bought it, it was satisfying because I’d worked so hard to get it, enjoy”

Opened it up, 

Its been stamped

Property of Bolton Library.

I said “Dad it says property of Bolton Library”

“Like I said I didn’t have a lot of money”. 😁

1 hour ago, Rudy’s Message said:

I hope so

Is it still there on High St?

One of the few libraries that is [still going]...

Some bigoted twats on social media probably have some cockayed theory on that.

The short sighted powers that be knocked the baths down though.

And Great Lever library - which was a lovely building left to go to rack and ruin and is now a bombsite.

I'll bet they didn't allow salvage folk in either beforehand, same goes for Bolton College, Clarendon Street School, Clarence Street School, Beehive Mills etc.

• Members
14 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

One of the few libraries that is [still going]...

Some bigoted twats on social media probably have some cockayed theory on that.

The short sighted powers that be knocked the baths down though.

And Great Lever library - which was a lovely building left to go to rack and ruin and is now a bombsite.

I'll bet they didn't allow salvage folk in either beforehand, same goes for Bolton College, Clarendon Street School, Clarence Street School, Beehive Mills etc.

Baths are before my time. 
Great Levwr library burned down didn’t it? That’s next to my old Primary. 
Didn’t Clarendon old building burn down as well. 

Used to go to the youth club under the library on high st. Got my first feel of a tit in there. Stephanie Adams. Filth. 

Didn't think the library burned, I may be wrong, might have been singed..?

Clarendon burned a bit, but I'd have risked a bit of falling timber for some of the salvage in there.

Primary school used to literally march us to the baths, it was long before we left for secondary as we had a good few years of going on a coach to Horwich or Westhoughton instead - presumably after High Street had shut down.

• Site Supporter

As a Great Lever (G/L) resident during my younger years, I always feel sad when I drive through it.

It was never Beverly Hills, but there just seems to be an even more bedraggled feel to it these days.

The library probably closed when they totted up my unpaid fines.

• Members
7 minutes ago, Spider said:

As a Great Lever (G/L) resident during my younger years, I always feel sad when I drive through it.

It was never Beverly Hills, but there just seems to be an even more bedraggled feel to it these days.

The library probably closed when they totted up my unpaid fines.

I lived just off high st until I was 11 and I knew no different, so I assumed it was always alright.

Looking back I realised it was a tough area, I drove through it the other day to see my old house and I reckon it would be nicer in a bedsit in Damascus