Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Elite Posters Music Thread

Spider

Had 3 gigs booked this year. All now cancelled or postponed. Neighbourhood Weekend was rescheduled for Sept but now been postponed again until next May. 

With that in mind - I’m guessing attending football matches is a no-no up to Sept for certain. 

On 29/05/2020 at 07:39, Smiley said:

Had 3 gigs booked this year. All now cancelled or postponed. Neighbourhood Weekend was rescheduled for Sept but now been postponed again until next May. 

With that in mind - I’m guessing attending football matches is a no-no up to Sept for certain. 

Got a couple of gigs penciled in for November.

No idea if they're going ahead yet but fingers crossed

3 hours ago, Mike Hunt said:

30 years ago today since Gold Mother was released. Belting album and a band still going strong as one of the best live acts around 

Gold Mother is still a good listen.

20 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

Got a couple of gigs penciled in for November.

No idea if they're going ahead yet but fingers crossed

Most of the promoters I know have moved to 2021 - might happen, and I’d be over the moon if it did happen, but at the moment it doesn’t look likely. Hope I’m wrong.

had tickets for The Pixies, Pearl Jam for Hyde Park, G n R at Tottenham and my VIP pass for Download - so all crap it’s cancelled. My friend is working on the digital download festival for next weekend. Looks good, all from the comfort of your own home. 

2 hours ago, Mike Hunt said:

I've seen them over 50 times and the song can still cause an argument in the fan groups 

That's interesting. It was such an overplayed track that it probably grates on dedicated fans and it portrays such a narrow appreciation of their material by brain dead DJ's.  Also people sitting down on the dancefloor was irritating. 

I really liked early Wonder Stuff and had the same experience when 'Size of a Cow' was the only song DJ's played by them after about 1993. It just got boring.