Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Elite Posters Music Thread

Spider

On 24/06/2020 at 21:23, frank_spencer said:

I follow Robb Flynn on insta, there some new MH stuff out mainly about their support for BLM.

not given it a listen yet but should be good.

He properly called out Phil Anselmo over that ‘wine power’ incident. Never been a huge MH fan but he seems a top bloke. Saw them support Metallica years ago and  Burn My Eyes is still a classic.

23 hours ago, Spider said:

Just watching Glastonbury.

Beyonce has come on. I bet she’s got a fanny like two slabs of trampled gammon

Don't remember Bruuuce at Glastonbury

But then I don't really like him, or Glastonbury

Another great gig from the 606

Edited by boltondiver

• Members
23 hours ago, Spider said:

Just watching Glastonbury.

Beyonce has come on. I bet she’s got a fanny like two slabs of trampled gammon

Deffo would.

Bruce Springsteen can bite my bollocks. Kasabian have a good set on iPlayer. Stormzy as well if you’re not a massive racist and like Grime

Caught some of the coverage of Toots and the maytals earlier, great stuff. He's a cheeky little pants on fire though, always makes me laugh when he gives the "oh my, no crowd has ever done it 10 times" business, he's said that every time I've seen um live. 

Chemical Brothers set from 2000 just come on BBC 4 now. That's me for the next hour 👍

That was awesome. I'd never seen it in full before. 

He really looked like he had a ball. 

I liked the set list, something for everyone on there. I thought he may end on that little known Heroes track but instead he went for the obvious choice 'I'm afraid of Americans'. Typical.  

• Moderators
19 hours ago, ProfessorWoland said:

I liked the set list, something for everyone on there. I thought he may end on that little known Heroes track but instead he went for the obvious choice 'I'm afraid of Americans'. Typical.  

Turns out no one had, unless you were there

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife/david-bowie-glastonbury-2000-setlist-4272359

Ps

Not a Bowie fan but love the NIN edit of I'm afraid of Americans he did

Edited by ZicoKelly

19 hours ago, ProfessorWoland said:

Not a massive fan, but really enjoyed it.

Could have done with "Young Americans", no idea who to complain to.

21 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Not a massive fan, but really enjoyed it.

Could have done with "Young Americans", no idea who to complain to.

You got Fame from that album but if you must....

42 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

I seem to recall they released it, maybe just as a live album or perhaps as a DVD as well. I follow the DB YouTube account and I think I may have seen a trailer for it but didn't explore any further. 

Edited by ProfessorWoland

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, ProfessorWoland said:

You got Fame from that album but if you must....

I seem to recall they released it, maybe just as a live album or perhaps as a DVD as well. I follow the DB YouTube account and I think I may have seen a trailer for it but didn't explore any further. 

Did some googling 

Turns out album and video were first released two years ago

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glastonbury_2000

But last night was the first time it was shown in it's "entirety"

• Site Supporter

9 hours ago, Traf said:

I just never "got" Bowie.

29 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Me neither, of all his stuff i reckon his best was when he appeared in Extras

TBF, he was at his best before your time.

I went watching him at Hardrock Manchester just before Christmas '73 when he was Ziggy Stardust and he was fantastic.

You had to be growing up, in your teens at the time,to 'get' him. I think Leigh White (fellow old git) mentioned the above gig.

His best three albums, IMO, were Ziggy, Hunky Dory & Aladdin Sane. After that, I didn't really listen to anything else he made.

Edited by Steejay

1 hour ago, Steejay said:

TBF, he was at his best before your time.

I went watching him at Hardrock Manchester just before Christmas '73 when he was Ziggy Stardust and he was fantastic.

You had to be growing up, in your teens at the time,to 'get' him. I think Leigh White (fellow old git) mentioned the above gig.

His best three albums, IMO, were Ziggy, Hunky Dory & Aladdin Sane. After that, I didn't really listen to anything else he made.

I grew up with older siblings playing Hunky Dory, Aladdin Sane and Ziggy, all of which are indelibly imprinted and they're each fantastic, later I got into Station to Station, Low etc. The later 80s stuff like China Girl and onwards didn't do much for me, but I look back on it now a bit more fondly. Funnily enough, the one which arguably lets him down is 'Never let me down'...

The best Bowie is an endless debate in itself, at various times in my life I'd answer differently, there's so many Bowie's to choose from, which is one reason I enjoyed that Glastonbury set list so much. Something for everyone.

Edited by ProfessorWoland