Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Elite Posters Music Thread

Spider

1 hour ago, MancWanderer said:

Disappeared down a YouTube wormhole tonight 

Fuck me when I think about the bands that I saw in the 70s/80s. Punk, Ska, Mod, Reggae......

For those of an age. Nothing ever beats this

@embankment

Somehow never seen AC/DC I've got mates who've seen them loads and yet I've never been to any of the gigs or festivals they've been on at.

Them and Aerosmith are the big 2 I've yet to see live.

12 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Somehow never seen AC/DC I've got mates who've seen them loads and yet I've never been to any of the gigs or festivals they've been on at.

Them and Aerosmith are the big 2 I've yet to see live.

First ever gig on the Thunderstruck tour, Birmingham NEC, as Manchester didn't have the bigger never then. Best night ever. Just did it for me and never looked back.

Guest Nordkurve
9 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Disappeared down a YouTube wormhole tonight 

Fuck me when I think about the bands that I saw in the 70s/80s. Punk, Ska, Mod, Reggae......

For those of an age. Nothing ever beats this

@embankment

AC/DC with Bon Scott were the Dogs bollocks. I was lucky enough to see them at Bingley Hall in 1979. We had to wag off school early to get the Coach from Manchester (We did the same for a Rush gig there as well). It wasn't so long after that he died. Seen them a few times since with Brian Johnson but it's not the same. Back in Black was a great album though and a couple of the later ones, but everything since is pretty much the same tune with different Lyrics. Saw KISS at Bingley 3 times as well. Those were great Concerts. 

9 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Merrie Land by the Good, the Bad and the Queen is probably the best album I've heard in the last couple of years.

Yes, Damon Albarn is an annoying div, but he's really talented. 

It's superb. 

I'll have to listen to the full album. I was obsessed with Drifters and Trawlers for months after seeing them play it on tele.

21 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Merrie Land by the Good, the Bad and the Queen is probably the best album I've heard in the last couple of years.

Yes, Damon Albarn is an annoying div, but he's really talented. 

It's superb. 

Saw them in Blackpool on the Merrie Land tour they were fantastic your right Albarn is a tool but Paul Simonon plays bass in his band so ....

15 hours ago, Nordkurve said:

AC/DC with Bon Scott were the Dogs bollocks. I was lucky enough to see them at Bingley Hall in 1979. We had to wag off school early to get the Coach from Manchester (We did the same for a Rush gig there as well). It wasn't so long after that he died. Seen them a few times since with Brian Johnson but it's not the same. Back in Black was a great album though and a couple of the later ones, but everything since is pretty much the same tune with different Lyrics. Saw KISS at Bingley 3 times as well. Those were great Concerts. 

79 at Manc Apollo. Bon Scott died soon after. Back In Black was written with him in mind singing that album. Superb album but Brian Johnson never did it for me. AC/DC died with him unfortunately imo

• Members
1 hour ago, Pablo said:

James, Sleaford Mods & Specials gigs sorted.

Going to the Specials as is tradition, James are always great live, Sleaford Mods make me laugh my tits off when I’ve seen them on telly. The geezer who presses the button and stands there with a tinnie is a fuckin hero of mine 

Titrifle. What a fuckin word 

7 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Going to the Specials as is tradition, James are always great live, Sleaford Mods make me laugh my tits off when I’ve seen them on telly. The geezer who presses the button and stands there with a tinnie is a fuckin hero of mine 

Bang into Sleaford mods at the moment, interviews are good, sooo not what you would imagine they are like.

Class, and funny as fook.

• Members
10 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Bang into Sleaford mods at the moment, interviews are good, sooo not what you would imagine they are like.

Class, and funny as fook.

They’ve got a tune called Ibiza with The Prodigy 

57 minutes ago, Rudy said:

"The smell of piss was so strong it smelled like decent bacon"

Has got to be up there with the greatest opening lines in a tune 😁

• Members
42 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

What if it clashes with pension day?

They'll be too busy getting up a 6am to go and buy ornaments and catfood, and arguing with the bus driver about not being allowed to use their pass before 10am (again).

Even for you this is a strange post

13 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Even for you this is a strange post

Sorry, it should make more sense below...

4 hours ago, Pablo said:

...Sleaford Mods...gig sorted.

What if it clashes with their pension day?

They'll be too busy getting up a 6am to go and buy ornaments and catfood, and arguing with the bus driver about not being allowed to use their pass before 10am (again).

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Sorry, it should make more sense below...

What if it clashes with their pension day?

Nope.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Youri McAnespie said:

If Sleaford Mods arrange to play a gig, and the day of this gig falls on the same day their pension is issued they may be somewhat conflicted.

Most pensioners do their weekly shop on pension day.

Oh, you're saying they're old. They're both roughly 50.

3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Oh, you're saying they're old. They're both roughly 50.

My mate works for Age Concern in Wednesbury, they're never out of the place.

Always scrounging cups of tea and pink wafers with some gripe or other.

They're 65 and 68 respectively.

Far too old to be banging biscuit tins and shouting over a bontempi organ.