Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Elite Posters Music Thread

Spider

7 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Just had my confirmation through of Guns n Roses moving their dates again to next year. This is the longest I've had to wait for a Christmas present! Anyway that means with the rescheduled Pearl Jam gig in Hyde Park next year I've got one gig on one weekend, followed by one the next. Just hope The Pixes still make the line up for PJ, its the only reason I got the tickets in the first place.

You want to try waiting for Ozzy to finally tour.

We have had tickets for 3+ years

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, embankment said:

You want to try waiting for Ozzy to finally tour.

We have had tickets for 3+ years

Can’t see him making another tour.

To be honest, I’m sure his last 8 tours have had Farewell in the title.

He really needs to knock it on the head

1 hour ago, DavidLeesMullet said:

Bet the tickets are expensive, even if though it's 60% if the band playing, don't think you'd get much change out of £100

Saw them twice on this tour and they have been on time.and spot on - tight as. Their cover of Black Hole Sun they are doing is great.

The first time my mate gave us two free tickets, last time got them.free with work so probably about time I paid! They cost £110 each.

Last time.my other half punched out a pissed bloke who was giving ladies in the crowd grief. She went full Axl.

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

Been on a farewell since the No More Tears tour (the No More Tours erm...tour) and that was released in about 93/94

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Saw them twice on this tour and they have been on time.and spot on - tight as. Their cover of Black Hole Sun they are doing is great.

The first time my mate gave us two free tickets, last time got them.free with work so probably about time I paid! They cost £110 each.

Last time.my other half punched out a pissed bloke who was giving ladies in the crowd grief. She went full Axl.

The covers of Black Hole Sun ive seen them do are toss.

If you’re going to take on Chris Cornell, you need to have more in your locker.

Just now, Spider said:

The covers of Black Hole Sun ive seen them do are toss.

If you’re going to take on Chris Cornell, you need to have more in your locker.

Oooh no, London Stadium, LA sunshine - was amazing, easily as good.

Mind you, you think Pearl Jam.are the greatest live band so I'll file this under to be ignored.

• Moderators

In terms of gigs i had lined up 

Goldfrapp, moved to next march 

Nick Cave, cancelled, no new date yet 

Faith No More, just had an email that suggests they've not yet cancelled the apollo in June, but that ain't happening surely

• Members
1 hour ago, Spider said:

Watched a tour documentary of him and backstage he was stumbling about like Vaz Te at Blackburn and bumbling like Boris, he got on stage and he transformed. It was bizarre 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Watched a tour documentary of him and backstage he was stumbling about like Vaz Te at Blackburn and bumbling like Boris, he got on stage and he transformed. It was bizarre 

1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

I'm truly conflicted here, it's a lot of money, but it is Guns 'n' Roses

1 minute ago, DavidLeesMullet said:

For a treat massive band gig, who are not yet geriatrics it's going rate, but I don't think gig tickets should be that sort of price anyway but such is the industry with streaming nowadays.

Although, bands like GnR aren't short of a bob or two - but they can charge what people will pay.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, DavidLeesMullet said:

Never seen them, after some thought, I'd be willing to pay £80 to see them, in Manchester, on the promise they start and finish on-time

22 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Mrs Duff won't drown...

20190812-Duff-McKagan-04.jpg

Could've done a Special 'fully clothed' Battlenips with her...

His first punk band in seattle, The Fastbacks has had their stuff re-released, pretty good.

He was always the coolest for me, plus he was the last person to see Cobain alive (other than his dealer) had a decent chat on their flight from LA back home to seattle. 

He asked him to come round to his as Cobain didn't seem great. Also shows that those rock n roll handbags are really just that. Problem with rock stars is they stop growing up at the age they get famous and so act like spoilt kids.

1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

His first punk band in seattle, The Fastbacks has had their stuff re-released, pretty good.

He was always the coolest for me, plus he was the last person to see Cobain alive (other than his dealer) had a decent chat on their flight from LA back home to seattle. 

He asked him to come round to his as Cobain didn't seem great. Also shows that those rock n roll handbags are really just that. Problem with rock stars is they stop growing up at the age they get famous and so act like spoilt kids.

I heard that story...

So he sent the obviously suicidal Kurt on his merry way.

And god rewards him with a wife we massive tits - no justice.

It should've been McKagen not HRH Prince Phillip.

You're a plum, Duff.

1 minute ago, Youri McAnespie said:

I heard that story...

So he sent the obviously suicidal Kurt on his merry way.

And god rewards him with a wife we massive tits - no justice.

It should've been McKagen not HRH Prince Phillip.

You're a plum, Duff.

I don't think Duff is her Maj's type.

Would have done wonders for the constitution though.

Take Me Down to Windsor City...

• Moderators
9 hours ago, tshape said:

Bearded Theory Festival cancelled this year. Gutted about that but saw it coming. Placebo, Patti Smith and Flaming Lips headlining next May. Fat White Family tickets at YES next month sorted.

Placebo and Flaming Lips sounds good to me 

Had a Google 

Black Lace are playing too 

I AM IN

9 hours ago, Zico said:

Placebo and Flaming Lips sounds good to me 

Had a Google 

Black Lace are playing too 

I AM IN

It's a brilliant festival. Good line-ups, not too far away, bargain ticket prices, very few dickheads and it's got a Thornbridge Bar.