Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Elite Posters Music Thread

Spider

• Members
22 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Right confession time

Coldplay. 
Wankers. 

However. If you would have played me Shiver from their first Album and put it up against some dross like fix you or paradise I would have said no fuckin way are they the same band 

That being said I looked through their first two albums, and there is undeniable brilliance in both albums.

After that he started shagging a woman who names her kids after fruit and bottles her fanny farts so it was inevitable that they were gonna shit out. 

The curly haired equals tattoo wanker.

Thank you for coming to my talk today. 

Can't believe you've admitted your sins. 

• Moderators

Wolf Alice aren't bad

heard of them, never listened to them before

thought I was being down with it getting into music but they've been around several years now

still, it's as contemporary as my listening has been in some time probably

• Moderators

also thought I'd check out the brit winners this year to see what's cool and all that

the fact Biffy Clyro are being nominated for best group and getting beat by Little Mix says it all for me about the state of the music scene right now

I like the Foo Fighters but if they're still being nominiated in the best international group category then fuck that also

also seems Bruce Springsteen is having some sort of comeback

think I'll stick with anything before 2005 from here on in

1 hour ago, Zico said:

Wolf Alice aren't bad

thought I was being down with it getting into music but they've been around several years now

IAMIN for these Jan next year 

• Members
1 hour ago, Zico said:

also thought I'd check out the brit winners this year to see what's cool and all that

the fact Biffy Clyro are being nominated for best group and getting beat by Little Mix says it all for me about the state of the music scene right now

I like the Foo Fighters but if they're still being nominiated in the best international group category then fuck that also

also seems Bruce Springsteen is having some sort of comeback

think I'll stick with anything before 2005 from here on in

Who won it? Cannibal corpse?

2 hours ago, Zico said:

Wolf Alice aren't bad

Only remember one of theirs when the lead singer is doing his Robert Plant impression 

• Site Supporter

This fella auditioned to be the new Queen frontman in 2011, but they gave it to Adam Lambert instead. The fucking mentallists. 

(Edit: He actually won the competition to become lead singer of Roger Taylors' Queen tribute band. Still. He also provided a lot of the vocals in that shit Bohemian Rhapsody film a few years back.)

Edited by Cheese

On 16/05/2021 at 11:15, embankment said:

Tickets in the bag.

Wolf Jaw

Orange Goblin 

Phil Campbell and the Bastard Sons.

Bloodstock 

Hawkwind

Gong 

Steve Hackett 

Van Der Graph Generator 

Ozzy 

Behemoth 

Arch Enemy 

You certainly like your crusty prog rock, wonder how many original members of Hawkwind, Gong and Van Der Graf Generator are still alive?

Shame Stacia won't touring with the 'Wind, Lemmy once described her as 6'2" in her stockinged feet with a 52" bust, sounds like a formidable woman to me.

Edited by DavidLeesMullet

10 hours ago, DavidLeesMullet said:

You certainly like your crusty prog rock, wonder how many original members of Hawkwind, Gong and Van Der Graf Generator are still alive?

Shame Stacia won't touring with the 'Wind, Lemmy once described her as 6'2" in her stockinged feet with a 52" bust, sounds like a formidable woman to me.

Still on the go Stacia did a festival with them in 2019 . 

Now @rudy has settled into Cannibal Corpse. Do we think he's ready for a few blastbeats and a bit of grindcore?

Maybe start with Nasum and Inhale/Exhale album - it's pretty accessible for a grindcore album, probably my favourite.

Of course from Enslavement to Obliteration by Napalm Death. 

Bit of Morbid Angel, maybe?

Enjoy - don't say I don't treat you.