Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Elite Posters Music Thread

Spider

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Always found them a bit plastic, plus that lead singer is more annoying than Bono, and that's going some. 

he's a great gig front man, knows how to put on a show for the audience, never failed to enjoy a gig of theirs

since i last saw them live I saw a documentary about him, and he came across as a cock

then I saw an interview with him post-Bataclan and whilst he would obviosuly have an opinion on it all, he went off on a rant about how it could've been avoided if the crowd had guns, so sort of went off him

but if he puts on a good show, it'll be a good night

5 minutes ago, Zico said:

he's a great gig front man, knows how to put on a show for the audience, never failed to enjoy a gig of theirs

since i last saw them live I saw a documentary about him, and he came across as a cock

then I saw an interview with him post-Bataclan and whilst he would obviosuly have an opinion on it all, he went off on a rant about how it could've been avoided if the crowd had guns, so sort of went off him

but if he puts on a good show, it'll be a good night

I think my view of his was tainted by my mrs who when she was working at T in the Park he was trying to give her the big, come to the trailer and you can meet Josh Hommes from the side of the stage sort of thing, bit of a sleazebag with the PR girls. 

Did Spreading the Disease, Among the Living and then State Of Euphoria on Spotify the other day. Three decent Anthrax albums. Never bothered with any of their other stuff. 

Currently having a Stranglers renaissance. Working backwards from Aural Sculpture. 

3 hours ago, Smiley said:

Did Spreading the Disease, Among the Living and then State Of Euphoria on Spotify the other day. Three decent Anthrax albums. Never bothered with any of their other stuff. 

Currently having a Stranglers renaissance. Working backwards from Aural Sculpture. 

Sound of White Noise is one of my favourite albums ever. Only is such a great song. Wasn't a big fan of Belladonna's high pitched singing.

On 25/05/2021 at 13:18, Not in Crawley said:

Sound of White Noise is one of my favourite albums ever. Only is such a great song. Wasn't a big fan of Belladonna's high pitched singing.

Funnily enough, I nearly typed the same. When he went high pitch I felt they were just another HM band. Other than that though, they were the band that got me to crossover from punk. 

On 25/05/2021 at 13:18, Not in Crawley said:

I think of all The Stranglers album Rattus or No More Heroes areprobably my favourite albums

Edited by DavidLeesMullet

1 hour ago, DavidLeesMullet said:

I think of all The Stranglers album Rattus or No More Heroes areprobably my favourite albums

Raven for me. I think. But did see them tour and play Black & White in full a few years ago. And it was superb. 

16 minutes ago, Smiley said:

Raven for me. I think. But did see them tour and play Black & White in full a few years ago. And it was superb. 

Raven for me as well it’s never dated Genetix is genius bought it when it came out from woolies first 10,000 were in a  a ltd edition 3-d sleeve  much sought after at the time.  Hid it among the old compilation albums till I got my paper round cash on the Saturday . 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Smiley said:

Got tickets for the Levellers in Nov. 30th anniversary tour of Levelling the Land. Can’t wait!!!

Be interesting to see what an audience of 50 year old crusties looks like 

Y6i3E3I.jpg

"There's only one waaaaay of life"

Yeah we've started the weekend a day early and had a few, be gone with your judgement.

Me and Mrs boogs have been dancing round the kitchen to this, amongst others. I challenge you to put up a better feel good tune. 🍻

17 hours ago, Zico said:

Be interesting to see what an audience of 50 year old crusties looks like 

Y6i3E3I.jpg

"There's only one waaaaay of life"

I'll be 49 and 2/3 by the time of the gig. I'll look in a mirror and let you know.

On today's playlist have been tunes from Drug Cabin. A 6 track EP in 2012. And then strangely 2 full length albums in 2015. And then disappeared off the face of the earth. Good stoner music. Mainly 2 singers in harmony.

Now, through the power of Spotify, I've been alerted to The Nude Party. Sounds a bit garage rock. Will get it a whirl.