Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Elite Posters Music Thread

Spider

• Moderators

came across this song yesterday and had it on repeat all day

The Jim Carroll band - interesting chap by the sounds of it as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPNqojbyIDk

then discovered a 4 new "old" KLF albums, which have all been on repeat as well

https://open.spotify.com/artist/6dYrdRlNZSKaVxYg5IrvCH?si=S98jCvMbRimw_Wx7_MfBgw

Just found out about this Benefits - superb stuff. I reckon he's been reading this site for his inspiration. I'd post a link but I can't but have a listen to Traitors, Flag or Shit Britain. Angry punk - really amazing.

5 hours ago, NiC said:

Just found out about this Benefits - superb stuff. I reckon he's been reading this site for his inspiration. I'd post a link but I can't but have a listen to Traitors, Flag or Shit Britain. Angry punk - really amazing.

That's Kingsley Chapman. Used to be in The Chapman Family. Went watching them a few times and remember asking him what was behind the name. "We hate The Beatles" was his reply.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, my Mrs is from.the North East and she fucking hates them. "If I have to hear another song about blokes dying at sea I'm.going to pull my ears off." Loves a bit of Jimmy Nail though.

As I'm working from home, I decided to listen to every Dylan album as I work in chronological order - currently on Planet Waves...it's the born again era next followed by the 80s. Got a lot of dirge to struggle through after album after album of near perfect genius. Still, got to hold on until World Gone Wrong (with Oh Mercy as a liferaft in the middle) 

Then onto the bootleg series....

• Members
6 hours ago, Nic1 said:

Yeah, my Mrs is from.the North East and she fucking hates them. "If I have to hear another song about blokes dying at sea I'm.going to pull my ears off." Loves a bit of Jimmy Nail though.

As I'm working from home, I decided to listen to every Dylan album as I work in chronological order - currently on Planet Waves...it's the born again era next followed by the 80s. Got a lot of dirge to struggle through after album after album of near perfect genius. Still, got to hold on until World Gone Wrong (with Oh Mercy as a liferaft in the middle) 

Then onto the bootleg series....

When I was a kid I always thought Tony Adams and Jimmy Nail were the same person.

Anyways I owe a lot to Bob Dylan for expanding my musical library, when I first started collecting vinyls someone I worked with was moving to Australia and was selling his vinyls, had quite an obscure taste so the only thing that caught my eye was blood on the tracks, so gave that a go, from there it was blonde on blonde, then highway 61.

I think if I hadn’t had tried Dylan, I wouldn’t have become a fan of Neil Young, Tom Petty, CSN, The Doors. 

Great story. I got into him about when I was about 12, my mum had The Times They Are A-Changing on a cassette in the car. Thought he was an 80 year old bloke, but loved it. Got the old double Best of (blue cover, Dylan in silhouette on the cover) that Christmas played it over and over.

Not a fan of the super obessesives, read a couple of fan books, the one by Suzie Rotolo (lady on the cover of Freewheelin') got the books goings through the catalogues but get bought a lot of them from family and they take away from the music.

Although I have read Chronicles one a couple of times - wonder if the old buzzard will write another.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/07/2021 at 15:50, 1969 said:

Currently listening to Gang of Youths.

Let me down easy and Angel of 8th avenue are some top tunes

Oh and heart is a muscle

Got into them a while back. Seeing them at Neighbourhood jn Sept. Check out their live acoustic album as well. Really good. I did post on here that “Do not let your spirit wane” is an absolute banger. Quite emotional. Especially when it’s preceded by “L’imaginaire” - which is an instrumental that takes the riff from Sweet Child o’ Mine. 

Glad someone else has discovered them. 

• Members
1 hour ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Bob Dylan is the most overrated wanker of all time...

Nasal pretentious derivative shite.

Coming from someone who likes a cannibal corpse this is quite a statement 

Edited by Rudy

1 hour ago, Smiley said:

Got into them a while back. Seeing them at Neighbourhood jn Sept. Check out their live acoustic album as well. Really good. I did post on here that “Do not let your spirit wane” is an absolute banger. Quite emotional. Especially when it’s preceded by “L’imaginaire” - which is an instrumental that takes the riff from Sweet Child o’ Mine. 

Glad someone else has discovered them. 

Looking forward to listening to the new album

Supposably going in a slightly different direction 

7 hours ago, Rudy said:

Coming from someone who likes a cannibal corpse this is quite a statement 

They were alreet, never really followed them after 'Tomb of the Mutilated', they seemed to attract nuggets, bit like Deicide did...

Bob Dylan is a bastard.

Can't even play a harmonica.

They're not the best by a long chalk but 'Hammer Smashed Face' pisses over owt aids infected (allegedly) Zimmerman has nasally whined.

He also managed to drag talented musicians; Jeff Lynne, George Harrison, Roy Orbison and Tom Petty down to his piss poor level.

Name someone more overrated?

And he's a self-loathing Jew as well, why change your name? Shameful disregard for his heritage - shithouse.

He has Hepatitis B too, allegedly.

He's also a dope-shooter.

And by dope-shooter I don't mean someone who's dope, like Chuck D, and handy at clay pigeon shooting, nor a top NBA player, I mean an IV heroin/cocaine drug abuser (allegedly) hence his hiv+ and hepatitis b status (allegedly).

That shit song with the dummy cards is worse than Agadoo by Black Lace.

He's a total traitor to Judaism, bastard - Iggy Pop has more talent in his little toe.

He is nought but a self-loathing geriatric talentless cheese stinking eyeliner junkie rip-off with a vast sense of misplaced sense of his 'talent' - real musicians like Cannibal Corpse or Marvin Gaye are/were skint, yet this scrawny disease riddled junkie sits counting his billions on a pile of gold bars. I'd stick his harmonica up his jacksie.

I have nothing more to write against this affront to humanity, a total reptile unfit for the fellowship of other real humans.

• Members
6 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

And by dope-shooter I don't mean someone who's dope, like Chuck D, and handy at clay pigeon shooting, nor a top NBA player, I mean an IV heroin/cocaine drug abuser (allegedly) hence his hiv+ and hepatitis b status (allegedly).

That shit song with the dummy cards is worse than Agadoo by Black Lace.

He's a total traitor to Judaism, bastard - Iggy Pop has more talent in his little toe.

He is nought but a self-loathing geriatric talentless cheese stinking eyeliner junkie rip-off with a vast sense of misplaced sense of his 'talent' - real musicians like Cannibal Corpse or Marvin Gaye are/were skint, yet this scrawny disease riddled junkie sits counting his billions on a pile of gold bars. I'd stick his harmonica up his jacksie.

I have nothing more to write against this affront to humanity, a total reptile unfit for the fellowship of other real humans.

Oh I've missed you 😂

6 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

Oh I've missed you 😂

Missed you too, your paramor Rudy will shortly be on to defend this reprehensible morally corrupt killer, he had (allegedly) sourced a new liver from a kid from the Rio Favelas.

Well it won't go unmentioned - not on my watch.

Also, despite being Jewish by birth (Zimmerman), he subsists solely on Greggs sausage rolls, Richmond sausages, Happy Shopper bacon butties, Frazzles and Euros hopper Chocolate Chip Cookies - widens his repertoire in the UK, taking a bowl to the nearest chippy for chips and pea wet and a jumbo sausage.

He always pretends he's 20p short after the stuff has been dished out, says he'll settle up next time, never goes back.

He is the scum of the earth.

When it's Eid he dons a fez and burqua and makes a beeline to the nearest Mosque for a free feed.

An absolutely loathsome 'man'.