Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Elite Posters Music Thread

Spider

1 hour ago, Rudy’s Message said:

A lad at work had two tickets going for Saturday night, I can see if he still has them if you like 

Thanks for the offer pal but I'll keep my fingers crossed for friday. He should have no trouble shifting them if it is cancelled!

On 14 December 2019 at 19:05, Cheese said:

Went to watch Chris Helme (The Seahorses), Mark Morris (The Bluetones), and Nigel Clarke (Dodgy) last night in Preston. Fucking incredible. Chris Helme is possibly the nicest bloke I've ever met. Sat with us for about an hour chatting before the gig.

Think they are doing it in Rawtenstall as well or that neck of the woods (might have already been and gone). Met Nigel Clark a couple of times, always good to chat too. Likes a drink, that's for sure! 

Did they do any songs together as a trio?

EDIT: Just seen they played Rawtenstall last week.

Edited by Smiley

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Smiley said:

Think they are doing it in Rawtenstall as well or that neck of the woods (might have already been and gone). Met Nigel Clark a couple of times, always good to chat too. Likes a drink, that's for sure! 

Did they do any songs together as a trio?

EDIT: Just seen they played Rawtenstall last week.

Yeah they did a couple of songs as a trio, and they were superb. You're definitely right about Nigel Clarke being the drinker. Top bloke though.

Definitely worth seeing if you get chance.  Chris Helme is on another level. 

Edited by Cheese

Went to see The Libertines there last week but been to other gigs there too. You can get the tram and have a drink in Matchstick Man and walk over the beidge to it. When you get in there it's at least 6 deep at the main bar but there's a smaller bar on the corner that will happily charge you 4.90 a can but you'll get served quicker. Plenty of room down the sides in the venue but I suppose it depends  who you're watching. There's a balcony but I don't know what the score is with that. Outside afterwards is usually carnage when it comes to taxis etc  it's a decent enough venue, just a shitter for midweek gigs.

1 hour ago, Dr Faustus said:

A bit late now...stand at the neck as the acoustics are shit, maybe the curtains helped

Fuck me they were amazing last night, always on point

Excellent weren't they? To think I first saw them in Manchester in 1995! I thought the sound last night was great. A previous visit a couple of years ago and the acoustics were pretty poor. They've obviously done something 

• Members
1 minute ago, deane koontz said:

Think I'm a bit addicted to them :D

Love both of their albums.

Mac Millers tiny desk is one of my favourites, Big Daddy Kane is an absolute showman on it.

Even our Maude likes the Adele one.

1 minute ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Love both of their albums.

Mac Millers tiny desk is one of my favourites, Big Daddy Kane is an absolute showman on it.

Even our Maude likes the Adele one.

Aye. Bandana is one of favourite albums of the year.

Mac went too soon man 😑

Ain't seen the Kane one yet! Remember watching a clip of him live in Russia recently it was kind of surreal yet brilliant haha.