Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Elite Posters Music Thread

Spider

5 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

I've been doing budgets at work today to the sound of The Misfits - god they were good. Last Caress is still as brilliantly nasty as it always was. Probably one of the most offensive songs of all time.

Metallica’s garage days version was pretty decent I thought. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/02/2020 at 20:53, ZicoKelly said:

Fancied The Black Crowes doing the Apollo in October

Then saw it was £69 a ticket, on a Tuesday night

So fuck that

My thoughts exactly.

Thats taking the piss.

And this £100+ for owt decent at the arena.

Better value.

Ritz 

Rebellion

Bridgewater Hall

Albert Hall

Or any festival

Saw the Black Crowes back in the day when me and the missus still liked each other, saw they were touring Shake Your Money Maker, thought I'd us get tickets to maybe get a nostalgic fumble, saw price, fucked it off.

Understand bands wanting to cash in on anniversaries but fuckin hell they're taking the piss.

On 09/02/2020 at 18:13, ErnestTurnip said:

Saw the Black Crowes back in the day when me and the missus still liked each other, saw they were touring Shake Your Money Maker, thought I'd us get tickets to maybe get a nostalgic fumble, saw price, fucked it off.

Understand bands wanting to cash in on anniversaries but fuckin hell they're taking the piss.

I saw them last time they played Manchester Academy. Think they were on stage well over 2 hours. I knew 2-3 songs. 
But was pretty mesmerised. Incredible musicians. 
Back when I was touting gig tickets. Bought 4 to sell at profit. 2 went straight away. Then my Mrs said she really liked them. So we went. Cost next to fook all after profits were deducted. Worth it!

Just watched Tears For Fears on BBC 4, part of the BBC 2 in concert. I thought they'd be about 80, they're only 7 years older than me!!

They've done some absolutely brilliant tunes. Roland's voice was holding up better than Curt's!

• Members
9 hours ago, jeep said:

Just watched Tears For Fears on BBC 4, part of the BBC 2 in concert. I thought they'd be about 80, they're only 7 years older than me!!

They've done some absolutely brilliant tunes. Roland's voice was holding up better than Curt's!

Great band 

9 hours ago, jeep said:

Always happy to watch band documentaries even if I like them or not. That was pretty good last night. It was some album they knocked out. Looking owd now. 

Slightly off-topic. Fat Sam Smith on Norton last night. WTF!