Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
Sign in to follow this  
Spider

The Elite Posters Music Thread

I've been doing budgets at work today to the sound of The Misfits - god they were good. Last Caress is still as brilliantly nasty as it always was. Probably one of the most offensive songs of all time.

5 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

I've been doing budgets at work today to the sound of The Misfits - god they were good. Last Caress is still as brilliantly nasty as it always was. Probably one of the most offensive songs of all time.

Metallica’s garage days version was pretty decent I thought. 

Bagged two tickets for Goldfrapp at Albert Hall via twickets

Neds Atomic Dustbin supported by Tom Hingley - both acoustic sets - Night & Day Cafe this Friday - very tempted.

John Bramwell from I Am Kloot is on in Tyldesley next month. 

Gigs incoming.

Saxon

Nick Mason

Bloodstock

Ozzy

Steve Hillage

Gong.

Plus when Ash gets his finger out Deep Purple

Fancied The Black Crowes doing the Apollo in October

Then saw it was £69 a ticket, on a Tuesday night

So fuck that

On 04/02/2020 at 22:49, embankment said:

Gigs incoming.

Saxon

Nick Mason

Bloodstock

Ozzy

Steve Hillage

Gong.

Plus when Ash gets his finger out Deep Purple

Ozzy was falling apart when I saw Sabbath at the NEC in  97 fuck knows how he's still standing never mind gigging.

On 06/02/2020 at 20:53, ZicoKelly said:

Fancied The Black Crowes doing the Apollo in October

Then saw it was £69 a ticket, on a Tuesday night

So fuck that

My thoughts exactly.

Thats taking the piss.

And this £100+ for owt decent at the arena.

Better value.

Ritz 

Rebellion

Bridgewater Hall

Albert Hall

Or any festival

Saw the Black Crowes back in the day when me and the missus still liked each other, saw they were touring Shake Your Money Maker, thought I'd us get tickets to maybe get a nostalgic fumble, saw price, fucked it off.

Understand bands wanting to cash in on anniversaries but fuckin hell they're taking the piss.

On 09/02/2020 at 18:13, ErnestTurnip said:

Saw the Black Crowes back in the day when me and the missus still liked each other, saw they were touring Shake Your Money Maker, thought I'd us get tickets to maybe get a nostalgic fumble, saw price, fucked it off.

Understand bands wanting to cash in on anniversaries but fuckin hell they're taking the piss.

I saw them last time they played Manchester Academy. Think they were on stage well over 2 hours. I knew 2-3 songs. 
But was pretty mesmerised. Incredible musicians. 
Back when I was touting gig tickets. Bought 4 to sell at profit. 2 went straight away. Then my Mrs said she really liked them. So we went. Cost next to fook all after profits were deducted. Worth it!

Called in the Salisbury today, pub packed with Bowling For Soup fans, front room had two beds with girls lying down to have tats done, very strange.

Just watched Tears For Fears on BBC 4, part of the BBC 2 in concert. I thought they'd be about 80, they're only 7 years older than me!!

They've done some absolutely brilliant tunes. Roland's voice was holding up better than Curt's!

The Murder Capital at Academy 2 last night, fucking brilliant. Almost made me consider doing the Saturday at Neighbourhood with them and a few others.on that day.

9 hours ago, jeep said:

Just watched Tears For Fears on BBC 4, part of the BBC 2 in concert. I thought they'd be about 80, they're only 7 years older than me!!

They've done some absolutely brilliant tunes. Roland's voice was holding up better than Curt's!

Great band 

9 hours ago, jeep said:

Always happy to watch band documentaries even if I like them or not. That was pretty good last night. It was some album they knocked out. Looking owd now. 

Slightly off-topic. Fat Sam Smith on Norton last night. WTF!

This Billie Eilish song isn’t my cup o’ tea but on the radio it’s taken out of context that it’s a bond song so may fit the mood of the film better. 

Not making my top 3 Bond songs though