Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Elite Posters Music Thread

Spider

19 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

SLF’s best song ever. It’s all about the drums. And the best version is the Aberdeen 79 live bootleg imo. Compare the drumming in any version to that one. You won’t find better I reckon

I need to give this a listen as I thought the version on HANX was incredible. Unfortunately Dolphin Taylor and Steve Grantley have never replicated Jim Reilly’s style. What a great drummer he was (and still is). 

7 hours ago, DavidLeesMullet said:

Never heard of this before, my taste in music's pretty ancient but this is pretty darn good.

Try this one on for size. I absolute love this. Actually a sad song about a mother & child that die in a car crash!!

(apologies if I’ve  posted this before)

20 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

SLF’s best song ever. It’s all about the drums. And the best version is the Aberdeen 79 live bootleg imo. Compare the drumming in any version to that one. You won’t find better I reckon

Only know two Stiff Little Fingers songs, Alternative Ulster and Suspect Device, both quality choons!!!

By the way does anybody remember The Murder Of Liddle Towers by Angelic Upstarts or You Bastard by Alternative TV or So What by The Anti-Nowhere League?

Edited by DavidLeesMullet

7 minutes ago, Smiley said:

Try this one on for size. I absolute love this. Actually a sad song about a mother & child that die in a car crash!!

(apologies if I’ve  posted this before)

Decent song but going to have to search out the lyrics, don't know if it's me going a bit mutt but found it hard to work out the lyrics.

On 08/03/2021 at 07:53, Nordkurve said:

AC/DC with Bon Scott were the Dogs bollocks. I was lucky enough to see them at Bingley Hall in 1979. We had to wag off school early to get the Coach from Manchester (We did the same for a Rush gig there as well). It wasn't so long after that he died. Seen them a few times since with Brian Johnson but it's not the same. Back in Black was a great album though and a couple of the later ones, but everything since is pretty much the same tune with different Lyrics. Saw KISS at Bingley 3 times as well. Those were great Concerts. 

Best gig ever at Bingley Hall , was Motorhead,  Saxon and Girls School. Lemmy off his bonce , hot as hell , No Sleep Till Hammersmith at No1 in the charts.

AC/DC our kids still got his ticket from the Free Trade Hall gig with Bon.

I have seen them 5 times in Manchester, plus Download twice and Wembley. 

7 hours ago, bolton_blondie said:

Makes me wanna watch Phoenix Nights again 😂

There were some classic moments from that series the Sammy The Snake Inflatable, Brian's stairlift conking out mid way when he was taking that woman up to his bedroom.

One bit that always makes me chuckle is when Max is talking to Paddy about having to eyes in the back of your head for this job, but failing to notice somebody dressed as Meat Loaf riding behind them on a motorbike.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, DavidLeesMullet said:

There were some classic moments from that series the Sammy The Snake Inflatable, Brian's stairlift conking out mid way when he was taking that woman up to his bedroom.

One bit that always makes me chuckle is when Max is talking to Paddy about having to eyes in the back of your head for this job, but failing to notice somebody dressed as Meat Loaf riding behind them on a motorbike.

You've combined scenes from Series 1 Episode 4 (taking Beverly up to his bedroom) and Series 2 Episode 5 (the stairlift conking out).