Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tv Shows

L/H White

Started Quarry last night on Sky box sets.

Watched the first 2 episodes, very good so far, slow burner.

About an Ex-Vietnam soldier re-adjusting to life after the war.

Only 1 series with 8 episodes have been made hopefully a second series is on the way.

Three episodes in and enjoying it

Buddy is ace

• Site Supporter

Yeah agree. By the way i find some of these tv dramas quite hard to follow as there's too much mumbling.

Not just me then. And also a lot of american movies. Need subtitles.

Or age!

Saw the remake of a witness for the prosecution. That was done in sepia tones and as if the great fire of London was still smouldering. Not great.

Not just me then. And also a lot of american movies. Need subtitles.

Or age!

Saw the remake of a witness for the prosecution. That was done in sepia tones and as if the great fire of London was still smouldering. Not great.

I've struggled hearing a lot of films, even with my ear trumpet. Glad it's not just me. I love subtitles.

Edited by Big City Girl

• Moderators

I've struggled hearing a lot of films, even with my ear trumpet. Glad it's not just me. I love subtitles.

speakers on flat panels are pretty poor as theyve not much room

nearly always bang the surround on

boom, boom, boom

My brother-in-law always has subtitles on, no matter what he is watching, it drives me mad. He's got a great TV, but refuses to invest in a decent sound bar/system.

When we bought our new telly about 6 months ago, the first thing I noticed was that the picture was great, but the sound was shit. We then bought a decent sound bar and woofer to go with it, and it's a million times better. Sometimes I'll flick between the sound bar and the TV speakers, and the difference is amazing, the amount that you miss out on just relying on the TV speakers is incredible

• Site Supporter

My brother-in-law always has subtitles on, no matter what he is watching, it drives me mad. He's got a great TV, but refuses to invest in a decent sound bar/system.

When we bought our new telly about 6 months ago, the first thing I noticed was that the picture was great, but the sound was shit. We then bought a decent sound bar and woofer to go with it, and it's a million times better. Sometimes I'll flick between the sound bar and the TV speakers, and the difference is amazing, the amount that you miss out on just relying on the TV speakers is incredible

Presumably some sound bars are better than others. How much for a decentish one?

Taboo is full of mumbling, it drives me mad.

It sounds daft, and it takes a bit of getting use to, but try it with subtitles. Peaky Blinders was murder to follow; mumbling, whispering and dodgy accents. Watched it with subs and it was much more enjoyable.

Edited by Underpants

• Moderators

Even a cheap sound bar <£100 will give sound a million times better than the speakers on a new telly.

Ive got an amp and speakers and while I'd not swap, sister in law got a Sony soundbar, cw Bluetooth, and it's proper good