Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tv Shows

L/H White

• Moderators

Watched first two episodes of making a murderer series 2

Enjoyed series one though it dragged on a bit

Given we know he's still in prison, is there any point to series 2?

Or is it just 10 episodes of this lawyer telling us what we already know, ie, the evidence in series one was questionable?

Not sure I can be arsed

14 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Watched first two episodes of making a murderer series 2

Enjoyed series one though it dragged on a bit

Given we know he's still in prison, is there any point to series 2?

Or is it just 10 episodes of this lawyer telling us what we already know, ie, the evidence in series one was questionable?

Not sure I can be arsed

Did a check about half way through the series and figured not much point. I'll see it through though to see if there is a good explanation why they both exhausted their appeals unsuccessfully.

That squeaky voiced prosecutor needs a good hiding as well.

I didn't look up whether him or his nephew had been released so as not to spoil the ending.

Glad I finished watching it before Zico's fucking massive spoiler. :D

Couldn't help but think there's loads of damning evidence from the prosecution that has been kept out of it.

On 2 November 2018 at 06:20, Escobarp said:

No issue spending that on a pair of trainers but they are horrendous. Possibly some of the worst looking I’ve seen. 

Accept the quality will probably be undoubted but Jesus they are ugly 

Just found my two pairs. The quality ain't that great TBH. And they aren't comfortable at all! Unless you like having your soles smashed with baseball bats every time you walk in them.

Watched Homeland series 1. Enjoyed it.

Having a break before the next batch and giving Making a Murderer series 2 a go. Like others, I've fell asleep twice in the first 3 episodes.

Still part way through Better Call Saul's last season.

Is the BBC series Informer any good????

• Members

Watched 'Brothers in Football' at the weekend. Best football documentary I have seen for a long time. Appropriate that they would screen it at the 100 year anniversary of the end of the Great War too.

Really enjoyed it. Jamie Byatt living out most of our dreams.

Edited by bolty58

14 hours ago, L/H White said:

documentary on channel 5 at 10 tonight about those Noonan gangsters from Manchester 

Impressive numbers in the hacienda pomp. All falls apart with Damien passing it seems. Though the bit McIntyre mentioned about the mobile phones was interesting if I understood it right

On 12 November 2018 at 20:32, L/H White said:

documentary on channel 5 at 10 tonight about those Noonan gangsters from Manchester 

Good watch that. Didn't seem the cleverest gangsters ever, but seemed to be making a fair few £££s. Never understand the gangster life though. Why not get out when you've made your first million or two? And they didn't look like they had a pot to piss in - did they really invest all their money into mobile phones?

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 09:09, boltondiver said:

We’ve been watching Killing Eve over the last few nights. Great fun, the lead actress has some future, I’d expect 

It's had good moments and some good acting but it has lost the plot in places.

I like dramas to be mostly believable and this has strayed into fantasy land too much.

• Members
14 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Off sick the past week or so with horrific leg injuries so have been enjoying season 8 of 'Minder', not sure how it would fayre after the departure of the 'Terry McCann' titular character, but it's shaping up quite nicely. It was always George Cole holding everything together all along, so no surprise really.

Agree all round. Cole was a genius.

Look up 'Root Into Europe'. He was great in that - especially with the Police chief in Amsterdam!